Chapter 3

Why was this awkward for Mondo? I mean, the assassin was used to quiet. He preferred it more than anything else. Yet with a person like Taka and his sister, it felt wrong.

Taka was loud, crazy, and blunt. His sister seemed to never stop teasing them. Yet, they seemed to be capable of communication by just looks. It was a strange feeling like he was left out on a joke.

"Soooo," he said awkwardly.

"Yes, Mondo?" Kiyo asked him. She somehow seemed to be doing her makeup now despite not having it before. That's when Mondo realized there was a strange heat behind him. It was almost as if it was made of...fire.

He looked around finding a human-like figure, but it was made of fire?! It was holding make-up similar to what Kiyo was using.

"Sister, why the fuck are you doing your make-up with someone over? Nobody wants to deal with a fire monster chasing them," Taka said.

"Well, lucky for Mondo he's not being chased, bitchass."

"Hey!!!! Bad words!!" Taka exclaimed.

"You just cussed, Brother."

"No I didn't, stop lying..., it's making me sad."

Mondo saw an annoyed look on Kiyo's face, but she didn't dare say a word to Taka about the clear lying. It's clear she didn't care that much though because she wasn't scared of her brother, she just knew when arguing wasn't a good idea.

"How about this then," she said and with just the wave of her finger the monster and her make-up were gone and the fire monster turned into a fire...cat?

It seemed to avoid everyone and jump right into Kiyo's arms.

Mondo had never seen magic because he wasn't royalty and he wasn't raised with witches so it'd make sense he never saw magic in his life. It was outlawed shortly before his birth so he never got to see it. He almost envied Taka due to him growing up around royals with powers but never having to deal with having his own, which...honestly, seemed like a burden to him.

The more he thought about it the more he felt guilty for attempted murder so he tried to shake it off, yet the thought still lingered.

Kiyo seemed kind, and Taka wasn't as bad as he truly acted...they seemed like good people to him, and he almost tried to ruin that even for his survival. This entire job failing opened up a door he'd never seen before. Most of the people he killed were elitist pieces of shit that deserved death. So were most of the people who hired him though.

He stayed thinking of that for a minute or two he looked up a Kiyotaka who was attempting to pet the fire-cat.

"Don't pet that," Kiyo said.

"But kitty!!!" Taka retorted as if that made a point.

"You'll burn your hand, and it will hurt," Mondo said.

Kiyo gave him a glare that said, 'You just tried to kill my brother' but she didn't say that to Mondo's face. Probably not to start an argument, as it would be unnecessary.