Chapter 2

Kiyo just kinda stared blankly, at the shocked Oowada. "No, this isn't some joke? Do you want the tea or not?"

Mondo wasn't sure. Should he take it? I mean, there would be no harm in it, correct? He sighed biting his lower cracked lip. He wanted to know WHY the king was acting like this? Was him publically just an act that meant nothing more to him? Were it meant to make the kingdom feel secure and nothing else? Was the uptight blunt Kiyotaka Ishimaru he and the kingdom knew all a lie and cover-up from an insane man? No, that couldn't be it. He had put on an act for years, pretending he was this threatening brave man who never cried so he wasn't viewed as weak. He'd learned what an act looked like, and what was shown...wasn't him.

So, what happened? He quickly covered up his shock with another act, "Fine or some shit," he said. Taka looked at him, the insane look still there, but slightly faded. He was confused "Sister? Why is the man who attempted to murder me being a coward?" he asked.

Mondo was almost shocked, this was still the blunt King the kingdom knew, even in a fit of insanity. Mondo respected the way Taka just called him out even though he just tried to kill him.

"Well, what do you mean, bro?" Kiyo asked. She didn't exactly get what Taka meant.

"He's putting on a tough guy act, can't you see that?" he asked.

"Good observation," Kiyo said. "But maybe, it's best to not say things out loud just because you think them, eh?"

"No," Taka replied. "Why should I?"

Kiyo didn't answer. "I'll go make the tea. I'll get a guard to watch over you so the assassin doesn't try to kill you again!"

"Awh, but that was cute!"

"C-Cute?!" Mondo asked, a weird mix of blush and shock. "One, I am not cute and neither is anything I ever do, 'ya damn bastard."

"Wrong! It's adorable! I mean cmon you walk right into my room and pin me against the wall! You even thought you could kill me!"

"Well, two, I can kill you."

"You can't," he said with a smirk.

"Are you two done flirting orr?" Kiyo asked taking chapstick out of her pocket and handing it to Mondo. "Here for when you decide to start kissing each other," she teased.

"We aren't fuckin' flirting!" Mondo took the knife and cut the chapstick in a poor attempt to make a statement. "Plus that shit makes my lips tingly and I hate it," Mondo said crossing his arms.

"Fair enough," Kiyo said. Xe took out its phone, "Oi, guard I need you to send up someone to watch my brother n' his friend," she said.

"We aren't fuckin' friends," Mondo said.

"Well, would you prefer I introduced you as an assassin?" Kiyo asked.

"I guess not," he said crossing his arms.

Soon the guard came and Kiyo left, presumably off to go make the tea.

Kiyo was making the tea, yes, but there was more to it than that. Kiyo took out a glass vile and then poured it into Taka's cup. What was in the vile wasn't dangerous or anything of the sort, it was an antidote. She found a way to take the craziness away from Taka, only temporarily. This is what xe gave Taka Before he would go out, mainly to prevent craziness from happening while in speeches. He couldn't constantly have this because it was hard to make and it would have side effects afterwards which includes vomiting. Taka would normally take it if out of an episode but in episode, he didn't particularly like it because of the taste and would get...pissy, to say the least. That's why Kiyo planned to put it in his tea, thanks to the "guest" being over she didn't want the insanity episode lasting much longer.

Kiyo knew by the look in the assassin's eyes, that killing wasn't something he'd wanted to do, the shock didn't drown out the regret. She could tell he'd killed before and felt well... horrible for it. He may have put on an act that he didn't care about it, but he did. He didn't want to kill Taka and Taka probably knew that. She had a feeling this would be an assassin who was set free instead of killed.

Well, Kiyo wasn't completely sure. She was just one girl after all and while she got a good say in it, the final say went to Kiyotaka. Honestly, xe felt bad for the assassin, there was no way that everything was good if he had to be an assassin...and wondered if she and her brother could help? Eh, probably, but not until they found out what was going on.

Kiyo finished making the glasses of tea and placed them on the counter. Xe then placed them on the table, walking through the hallway. The castle was empty after their parents passed when Taka wasn't with her. She couldn't help but wish she had many many family members so she wasn't so...alone. She knew she wouldn't find love, because she was never attracted to anyone that way. Kiyo didn't feel romantic attraction or sexual attraction to anyone that would never change and xe knew it. Loneliness was just her destiny, I suppose (no I don't, but character development)

She walked the corridor looking at everything hung up, portraits of couples, family, weaponry of all sorts and knight armour just lined up.

Kiyo was frightened as she walked through, not because of something psychical, just the thoughts...when Taka died, she would be queen. That was terrifying. Compared to Taka's sane self, who was a great king, she would be the worst pick to lead anything. She was childish and stupid she couldn't even decide what she wanted for breakfast, much less how to lead an entire kingdom.

She soon arrived at the room she left them in, nothing too bad seemed to happen because Mondo seemed more embarrassed than angry and Taka's insanity, while it hadn't faded. "Tea's ready you two," she said.

"Yay," Taka said quickly getting up. "C'mon Mondo!"

'Mondo, huh?' Kiyo thought to itself. 'That must be his name, it's lovely.'

"Alright...," he mumbled.

"So your name's Mondo?" Kiyo asked.

"Yes," the assassin replied with a cold look on his face.

"I think that is a lovely name," Kiyo said with a smile.

"Uh...thanks..."

WORD COUNT: 1092