V

Tara's alarm went off as usual 6:30 am. Tara got up and checked her phone to see a text from Amber.

Amber<3

Amber<3
Good morning Tara💌

Tara
Good morning Amber 🌹

Amber<3
I was wondering if you
wanted a ride to school?

Tara
Yeah that would be nice:)

Amber<3
K I'll see u in a bit ily 🗣️
Read 6:33

Tara kept re-reading the message of Amber saying "K I'll see u in a bit ily 🗣️." Tara's face heated up.

She was freaking out over a sentence but she didn't care. Tara hopped in the shower, got out obviously, and put a nice outfit on. She also sprayed a bunch of perfume on her.

She went back into the bathroom again and brushed her teeth a extra 5 minutes, and spent longer on fixing her hair just for Amber.

She went downstairs and waited patiently by the door with her phone and backpack with her. That's when she heard a car horn honk from her driveway.

She opened the door and saw Amber waiting. Tara speed walked to Amber's car and hopped in. "You smell really good." Amber said backing out of Tara's driveway.

"Oh um thank you." Tara said smiling akwardly even though Amber wasn't looking. On the ride to school they talked and blasted music even if it was literally 8:00 in the morning.

They arrived to school, and they got out. They saw Chad, Liv, Mindy, but no Wes. He probably didn't wanna see Amber and Tara.

"Yo you guys know where Wes is?" Chad asked curiously, he didn't know about the break up. Nobody did so might as well just spill it.

"I broke up with him and hes probably avoiding me now." Tara said, she could care less. "He was mad, like almost on the brink of taking all that anger out on me kinda mad, but he didn't because Amber walked in." Tara said smiling at Amber.

Amber nodded and sat down on the bench, Tara said next to her. "Amber can I talk to you for a sec." Mindy said eyeing Tara.

Tara looked confused but let her go and talked to Chad and Liv about the whole Wes situation excluding her and Amber in the bedroom.

"So are you and Tara good?" Mindy asked as soon as they where away from everyone else.

"Mindy I gotta say something and Istg do not tell anyone." Amber said looking around.

"I won't." Mindy said quickly.

"Tara confessed to me and stuff and like we are basically dating secretly because her mom is a raging homophobe and she has a reputation she needs to keep up." Amber blurted out.

"OMG." Mindy said squealing and hugging Amber swinging her around.

They eventually walked back and Amber sat next to Tara again. Class started so they all went their seperate ways.

*Time skip🤷*

Tara and Amber walked to Amber's car after saying bye to everyone and that's when Amber said "how bout we go on a date?"

Tara stopped in her tracks.
What if people saw me and Amber? What if people take it the wrong way? What if people find out about me and Amber?

"Amber I told you I wanted us to be a secret." Tara said harshly looking at Amber. Amber's mood sky rocketed down but she came up with a bright idea.

"Well if me and you went to the movies people would just think it was just two friends going." Amber said smiling slightly.

"Fine." Tara said moody and got in the car, she wasn't gonna risk it. Amber's lucky Tara even agreed.

"A stab movie is gonna be playing tomorrow do you wanna watch that?" Amber asked pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Sure." Tara said and sighed looking out the window. She was a bit upset at Amber ready to risk it all people could take it the wrong way. Amber meanwhile felt upset and felt like Tara didn't like her and appreciate her as much as Amber did to her

Amber drove to Tara's house to drop Tara off. Tara said bye to Amber quickly and got out of Amber's car leaving her there.

Amber frowned and then after seeing Tara go inside her house she drove off. Tara felt bad for being so rude to Amber, but dating her was so new and she didn't know how to feel.

She didn't text Amber after school at all which made Amber upset obviously, she felt like maybe Tara didn't actually love her.