Chapter:25

Rhett's POV:-

It has been five hours since Andrea left the house after dropping me and Ares off. Well more like she kicked both of us out and drove away. That girl needs to keep us updated about her whereabouts. We can not do anything but be worried.

I am sitting in our home library while reading a book. It seems to be the only thing I am good at. The urge to become like my other siblings always arises but deflates as soon as it starts. Seeing violence has always been a trigger point for me. It has always reminded me of my aunt. Dad loved us and I would never blame him for anything that happened in the past. I know that River does not blame him too. Dad was always busy with the responsibilities and training of Alessandro and Lorenzo. We were only left with our aunt. 

She is the reason for my dislike towards violence while she is the cause of violence in River's life. 

I am still the same coward I was in the past. Today also I was scared that I might have to shoot someone. I can not even be the strong older brother everyone wants but rather a weak one which needed protection. My little sister was calm and brave while I was a nervous mess.

"What are you thinking so hard?" I jump at the sudden voice behind me only to find Ares making himself comfortable beside me. 

"Just trying to read," I say with a small smile pointing at the book.

Ares tilts his head and speaks after analyzing my face for a minute, "Do you always suck at lying?"

My cheeks turn a shade of pink as I just stammer, "I am not lying,"

He just clicks his tongue and says, "I have been observing you for the last," he checks his watch, "15 minutes and you have been on the same page," 

"You sound like a stalker," 

"A hot one," as our conversation gets cut off by a phone call. 

Ares sees the name and picks it up with a smile, "Hey Nix" but it disappears in the next moment as he just hangs up by saying, "In a minute,"

"Who was it?" 

"Andrea and we are going to your brother's office," and with that he makes me stand with the back of my collar. I quickly place a bookmark and put the book back. 

All the heads snap in our direction as we open the door, but a certain blonde catches my attention. I hate this already. I look around as all my brothers are sitting there with serious looks on their faces. That annoyingly beautiful eyes of her catch mine as she sends me a wink. I turn my eyes away from her toward my sister but her eyes are already on Ares as she motions us to enter. Ares takes the seat next to Andrea and to my luck, the only place available is near the blonde bitch. 

Due to the lack of space, my legs brush against her as I take a seat. She tenses a bit due to the proximity. Strange. 

I wonder what this meeting is about?

"I need information on Roman," her eyes directed towards Ares as she continues, "All the details about his meeting over the past months along with the bank transactions,"

"Will be done," Ares says with a nod,

"Good," as her eyes move to Lia who is sitting beside me, "I do not think, I need to brief you any further, do I?" she asks with a raised eyebrow. 

Lia gives her a smile with a devilish glint in her eyes, "Just text me the date and time," she shrugs. 

"I still think we should send someone else. I mean you all are just kids who have not even graduated from the school yet," Enzo says in a worried tone.

"We can't afford to trust anyone outside this office, there can be more than one mole and it can be anyone," Ares says with finality as Andrea nods in approval. So this is about the attack on us.

"and about high school, I have already graduated unlike these dumb shits," Ares says with a confident scoff as both girls turn their gaze at him. Feeling the stare, Ares turns towards them and gulps seeing their intense death stare. They both looked scary.

"You know what? I changed my mind. River," as everyone in the room is confused, "You and I are going to find the information about Roman and go with Lia while our intelligent Ares will be doing all of our homework which has been piled up for a month," as soon as those words leave Andrea's mouth, Ares stands up in shock.

He shouts, "What the fuck? Like hell, I am doing that!" 

As Andrea just looks him eye to eye and he suddenly just sits down with a defeated sigh and mutters lowly, "Fine, I am doing that," I pity him as Lia beside me starts to laugh and Ares glares at her. I see Lia mouth Ares something like, you deserve it.

"Continue to glare and more work for you," Andrea suddenly add as she went through the documents Ares had handed her over. 

I see Lia's smirk widen. When did these two become this close? 

"This is not fair," Ares whines with a pout, "How did you two become friends?"

"We are not," both say together. Weirdos.

"Enzo and Ales, you both look into the behavior of these people," as she hands them a paper, "These are the people which I am suspicious about." 

"Are there any specific grounds?" Alessandro asks,

"Most of them have an indirect or direct connection with the Russians and some have a fake name. Now the fake name strategy is common even for the loyal one but these people have joined the mafia on specific coincidences," Andrea leans back in her chair. 

Ares suddenly stands up as he looks at his watch, "Anything else?"

"No, just drop Lia off before wandering," Andrea says while she looks at Ares with her analyzing look. Even though I may not have much experience with Mafia, I can at least make a rough judgment of thoughts. 

"Sure," Ares just shrugs as he throws me a smile before coming for a hug.

"Don't overthink too much, nerd," Ares says in my ears as he lets go of me. I just give him my usual huge smile. How can I not overthink? I have not come to a single-use during all this. I am useless. 

"You are just a weakling," 

Snap out of it! 

Ares just chuckles at something Lia said as I look at my sister to see her eyes still trained on Ares's back, which he ignores. What is going on between them?

----------------

LATELY, I HAVE BEEN FEELING UNALIVE,

BUT YOU BRING ME BACK TO LIFE.

(I bloody love this song)

(Anyways, what do you think is going on between Ares and Andrea? What do you think happened with the aunt and the twins?)