Chapter 40

Andrea's POV: 

"Excuse you, this face," I see Nikolas pointing at his face on the video call and saying, "is so handsome that it can pull off anyone," 

"Yeah, so handsome that it makes you wanna put it underwater till the bubbles stop," I say with a nod to which Lia and Ares let out a chuckle. 

"Why do I have to work with her? why can't I just be with her or Ares?" pointing at Lia and Ares,

"Don't sound so enthusiastic baby, I also would rather work with Ares or Lia but we have no choice here. She will be seducing the head guard while Ares will take care of the cameras and we will be going in,"

Ares nods with amusement adorning his face, "Ya, sorry man, the head guard is straight," as Nikolas glares at him, and even I slightly narrow my eyes at him.

"You are enjoying this way too much," Nikolas accuses as Ares just innocently points at himself in question. 

"Anyways, what are you going to do about your brother?" Nikolas asks, looking at me as the bitterness fills me, which I try to ignore. 

"I will deal with him on my own," as I open my phone only to find another traitor. I see my lock screen which was a candid picture I took while she was reading her book with so much concentration that she did not even look up when I took that picture. 

My hands clench around the phone as I remember the audio, as I stare at the screen blankly while caressing the screen slowly.

Why are you even surprised? Do you think that anyone would be willing to love someone like you? Someone who has the blood of so many people on her hands? You are just so fucking unlovable with too much baggage.

I feel a headache coming with all the thoughts that cloud my mind as I hear Ares whisper to me, "Are you okay?"

"Yes," No,

"You sure?" No, I am not. I want to fucking die and get over with my life. I can't bear this, it is too much. 

"Yes," as I change my lock screen to a picture of Oreo sleeping while wrapping herself around my leather jacket.

After the meeting got over, I stand up and say, "I am going to my room," and leave the room without waiting for any reply. 

I find Lorenzo outside of my room as his eyes meet mine and he smiles at me, "I made this as I was free," saying this he hands me a box of chocolate macaroons, "They are chocolate ones, just like you asked,"

"Okay," giving him a nod, "Anything else?"

He shakes his head and says, "Just going to work," to which I nod again and enter my room, shutting the door behind me. I look at the box and just discard it like the one I did with the breakfast River gave me. I am never trusting them again. 

I look around and my eyes fall on the frame of Katherine and me. I just sigh and take a suitcase in which I start filling all of the stuff which can take me back to any of our memories together. I also delete all of our photos on my phone.

I am not going to avoid the future I deserve from now on by living in the past.

After a few minutes, I take the suitcase and reach downstairs where I find River going to his room but he stops in his tracks as soon as he spots me. His scowl turns into a smile but suddenly it is replaced by a confused frown when he spots my suitcase.

"Whose body are you going to dispose of?" He asks with a raised eyebrow, "I hope it is of Ares," 

"Nope, just a few things I needed to get rid of. They were occupying too much space,"