Chapter Four: The Edge of the World 🌶️

This chapter is spicyyyy 🌶️🌶️🌶️ You have been warned.

**********

"Do you smoke?" The stranger questioned out of nowhere, the wind upon the ocean suddenly picking up, waves splashing thousands of feet away.

"Oh. No," he wrinkled his nose. "I mean, I've no problem with you smoking, but I personally think cigarettes are disgusting."

"Wasn't talking about cigarettes, mate."

A wink.

Oh.

Oh.

"How did you get it on vacation?"

"I ask. And money talks," he shrugged, pulling a petite baggie and a small rectangle out of his pocket, which he opened to reveal what Harry believed were called rolling papers. He then smoothly turned to the glass table that sat between the two chairs, laying everything out.

"I really shouldn't, but I mean, it's okay if you do."

"Why shouldn't you?"

"Because..." he waved his hand in the air, only a few feet away as he watched his guest sprinkled a finely ground green substance into the papers and twisted them, his thin fingers reminding Harry of a musician or artist, playing an instrument or sculpting a delicate beauty.

"I just

"I just... it's not responsible."

"You sound like the kind of guy who's been responsible since he could walk."

"I mean," He was flustered as he watched the young man's pink tongue salaciously lick the length of the tightly rolled joint before sealing it and burning the edges. Think about literally anything else. American baseball. "My father left when I was really young so I always sort of felt like I had to take care of my mum and sister. Always do the right thing."

"My mum had me when she was sixteen. Never knew me dad. Got four younger sisters. Mum left a while back, but I still found time to have fun."

Harry stared him down. His guest grew frustrated with the wind, eventually pinching the joint between his lips and dipping his head into his shirt, hand snaking under with a lighter. When he emerged, the cherry was bright orange.

"Just do the wrong things as responsibly as you do the right things."

"...I'm fine. Thank you."

"Have you ever smoked weed before?" He asked and was met with a shaking head in response. "Then it's probably a good idea you don't. I'm enjoying your company and I'm sure you having a panic attack followed by sleeping for twelve hours would really dampen the mood."