Chapter Ten: Home 🌶️

WARNING: Spiciness. 🌶️🌶️🌶️

**********

Louis' birthday and Christmas came and went and soon it had been well over eight months since Edward's death. Everyone was finding some normalcy in life again. Everyone felt good about their progress in therapy. Louis had made the big step of agreeing to go through Edward's side of the closet and donate his clothes to an organisation that dressed men who were getting back on their feet. DRESS FOR SUCCESS. Louis kept a few special things Edward had worn, but he had moved them to a guest room closet. Feeling sure of himself, he decided to venture into Edward's study.

"Harry, I'm going to look through Edward's desk

"Harry, I'm going to look through Edward's desk. If you're looking for me I'll be in there."

"Alright, Lou. I'm working on this new recipe. Text if you need something."

The kitchen was far flung from the study.

"Hug please, Hazza."

Harry wrapped Louis up in his arms.

"Breathe. Remember love. Let it go."

It was the mantra their therapist had given them.

"Breathe. Remember. Let it go. Love you, Harry."

"Love you too, Lou. You've got this."

All the girls were gone until Sunday. They were each paired off with friends at sleep overs. They had the whole rambling house to themselves and the silence was jarring.

It was an hour later, once Harry had just taken the puff pastries out of the oven that he decided to go check on Louis.

In the office, he beheld Louis surrounded by a few different labelled boxes. "Business paperwork I understand" "Business paperwork I don't understand" "Bullshit I don't understand" and "Personal shit." Harry couldn't help but giggle and saw Louis in the chair, head on his hands at the desk. He was surrounded by some colourful papers, but as Harry got closer, he saw it wasn't papers at all.

They were pictures.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Pictures of us. Pictures of me... I even found this." He tossed a folded page of paper from a legal pad onto the table. Just an L with a heart on it.

Harry opened it.

"Japan. Scuba diving. Sky diving. Glastonbury. A painting and wine class. Babies? Bake a cake without fucking it up. Tomato fight in Italy or Spain."

Harry looked up. "What is it?"

"Every single one of those is something I've said to him I want to. Even just in passing. Things he wanted to do with me."

"Wow.... he really loved you."

"Yes he did."

Suddenly, Harry dove onto the desk, grabbing one of the pictures.