Epilogue

We could not be happier about the beautiful reaction this fic has gotten - can't believe this crazy ride is over, but we have so many more amazing stories up our sleeves for you guys!

Please share and spread the word! Every vote, read and comment means the world to us.

This chapter is very short, but we're always open to continuing Louis and Harry's story if you want!

**********

Harry had been right. Sometimes, people looked at them strangely. After a while, it became easier to tell most people they had simply met through a friend. But what was even stranger still, is how it seemed to make perfect sense to those who truly knew them. Lottie was the first to figure it out once they completely stopped sleeping in separate rooms. One morning, she caught them kissing in the infamous kitchen and their badly kept secret was out.

When Harry told his mum, she sat still for a few moments before an immense smile arrived on her face.

"I thought there was a chance, the two of you leaning on each other so much these past few months."

"You're not upset?" Harry asked before Anne stood up and hugged him.

"I never said anything because it always seemed to upset you," she whispered, smiling, "but you're more like your father than you have ever wanted to admit. Smart, funny, handsome, a creative and ambitious businessman... and he saw an amazing person in Louis. Someone worth falling for. You falling for him, Harry? It makes sense."

"So you don't think it's weird?"

Anne rolled her eyes.

"Darling, OF COURSE it's weird. Life is filled with lots of weird, wonderful things. This is one of them."

The months flew by and together, every now and then, Harry would find a way to check off one of the item's from his father's list for Louis. In August, the two ended up covered head to toe in tomatoes in Spain. Spring found them in Japan for the cherry blossom festival.

And six months later, Louis surprised Harry with a trip to Acapulco. It would have been his second wedding anniversary with Edward, but neither of them missed it was also the second anniversary of the weekend they met.

They went alone this time, renting the same villa where they'd first slept together

They went alone this time, renting the same villa where they'd first slept together. The second day, they climbed one of the tallest cliffs and scattered the majority of Edward's ashes, all the members of his family keeping a small amount for themselves.

["Te Confieso" by Camila]

Afterwards, Harry held Louis' hand as they ate a picnic, shared some tequila and watched the sunset. A handheld radio played a local station, a language neither of them spoke. They shared stories and laughed and as the final shreds of daylight were fading over Mexico, Louis turned to Harry.

"What?" He asked, happily accepting a kiss.

"Dance with me?" He held out his hand, standing.

"I don't know this song," Harry whispered as they danced - badly - at the edge of the world. "I don't know the words.'

And Louis giggled. "Neither do I."

But they danced anyway.

The End

*********

This fic started as a tiny little "what if" nugget that grew into such a beautiful story and we're so happy you lot love it like you do!

Thank you SO. MUCH. For all your support! 😫😭😭😭

If you're interested in the song that inspired the fic's title, please check out the final song on the playlist, "We Danced Anyway" by Deana Carter.