Chapter Seven: The Wedding Day

Harry woke up miserable. Today was his father's wedding day.

It was already eleven in the afternoon. He stretched and ordered room service, staring out onto the ocean. He wondered what his mother was doing, how Gemma and her baby were feeling, how the shoppe was faring in his absence with Liam and Zayn up to their shenanigans.

There's an entire world out there, he desperately tried to remind himself. He would smile happily, clap when he should, applaud the kisses and throw the rose petals over his father and his phenomenal new husband. Then, tomorrow evening, he would pack up and board a plane and be right back where he had been, heartbroken and alone and half a world away from Louis. But at least he wouldn't be famished, watching the one person who could satisfy that hunger dangle in front of him, just out of reach.

The wedding took place at four. After breakfast and a long shower, where he may have had a self-indulgent wank. When he stepped out, he heard his phone ping far away on his bedroom nightstand.

It was his father.

Harry - can you get here a little early? It's ok if not.

He bit back that grinding, screeching need in his stomach, the awareness of who he would see - a bit earlier than he had expected.

Sure what time?

Does 2 - 2:30 local time work?

He sent back a thumbs up emoji and left his hair down, throwing on shorts and a button up black shirt coated in pink palms, carrying his tuxedo and shoes in the garment bag.

The wedding was taking place on the beach, the resort having provided two beachfront suites for them to get ready in

The wedding was taking place on the beach, the resort having provided two beachfront suites for them to get ready in. Louis and his sisters occupied one, while Edward sat in the other, alone.

Several men and women were working about the beach, constructing a white-and-baby-blue floral pergola for the couple to stand under. They were arranging chairs, but not many. Maybe twenty guests. A trio of guitarists were tuning up and returning. This was definitely a wedding. Louis was going to get married today. And he was going to have to stand there and watch.