3: spring leap

"GO ASK HIM", MAKI URGED

     standing outside classroom 1-a, as chiyo peeked into the room. still hesitant, the blonde girl watched the first-years file out of the classroom with only a few glancing at her and maki.

     "excuse me, but may I help you?", one of the girls asked, for she was most probably the class president of these students.

     "ah...yes, umm...is itadori-kun here?", chiyo mumbled out.

     "by itadori, do you mean sukuna?", the girl questioned.

     "yes, sorry for not being specific!"

     the dark-haired girl simply chuckled, "no worries! and as for sukuna, he's napping in the back of the classroom. I advise you not to wake him, for the last person that did that, well...I won't go into detail".

     "o-oh, thanks", chiyo nodded, as maki just decided to wait outside, texting mai where she was.

chiyo quietly trudged towards the sleeping itadori, debating if she should tap his shoulder or just call out for him.

"umm...itadori-kun?", chiyo softly mumbled out.

sukuna looked so peaceful, leaning against the knuckles of his right hand, as the window was pried open per his request.

the spring breeze gently ruffled the male's pink hair, as it also brought in a sakura petal that had just coincidentally landed on top of the boy's head.

     leaning in a little, chiyo's nimble fingers plucked the petal out of sukuna's hair, which in turn resulted in the boy awakening.

     "what are you doing?", sukuna questioned, his voice slightly husky due to his afternoon nap.

"a-ah, sorry!! I didn't mean to disturb you, b-but I was just wondering if...if..."

     "are you always this shy?", sukuna questioned, to which chiyo's fingers that were interlaced together had separated with a twitch.

"I-I guess..."

sukuna sighed, as he rubbed his temples.

'no wonder that white-haired geezer wanted me to help her boost her confidence. at this rate, she won't even be able to look her crush in the eye'.

"anyways, what'd you come here for?"

"oh! I...umm...was thinking that maybe w-we could walk home together?? to...talk about our field trip...what we should make and...and...yeah..."

chiyo's head slightly dipped with every word that she spoke. she couldn't help but tremble at the thought of being rejecte—

"I can't", sukuna bluntly replied.