22: string of fate

"THEY SAY THAT THE

     "THEY SAY THAT THE...

     universe has a funny way of shipping two people together. what do you think, chiyo-chan?", ozawa asked, as she was holding up her monthly girl magazine.

     the first-year glanced up as she realized that chiyo wasn't even listening to her, much less responding.

"what're you looking at?", ozawa questioned, following the second-year's gaze, as she was suddenly met with the sight of sukuna dribbling the basketball away.

     "ah, of course", the younger girl lightly chuckled.

     sukuna had then grinned whilst dunking the basketball into the hoop without much effort, causing mahito to playfully whine.

     "ugh, how do you have so much energy?! I'm sweatin' buckets over here!!"

     "who knows", the pink-haired boy shrugged, slyly diverting his attention to chiyo, as he lifted up the hem of his shirt to wipe the sweat trickling down his face.

     "I've just got good stamina", he smirked.

     mahito raised a brow in confusion, as his heterochromia eyes drifted off to his second-year manager that was blushing profusely.

     "who is that hot guy?", chiyo breathlessly uttered out, covering the lower half of her face with her palms.

"girl, relax. that's your soon-to-be boyfriend", ozawa teased.

"y-yūko-chan!! we don't know about that yet!", chiyo mumbled, as ozawa just hummed.

     "by the way, did you make those chocolates like I taught you?", the first-year asked.

"ah, I did! but I don't know when would be a good time to give it to him..."

"how about right after their morning practice? it's about to end in five minutes, and usually he walks you to class, right? that'd also be the perfect time to confess", ozawa whispered.

chiyo's tummy filled with butterflies at the thought of her confessing to her crush of almost a year.

'can I do it? what if he says no? he seems interested, but what if it's all just an act? what if he's just pranking me? no no, sukuna's not that type of person...but what if—'

"I can tell your brain's overheating, chiyo-chan. just confess! he'll for sure say yes", the blonde first-year encouraged.

"I mean...I did it, and now I'm dating the boy of my dreams", ozawa shyly smiled, glancing over at yūji, who had coincidentally made eye contact and flashed his girlfriend a cute smile.

"true...I-I'll try then! if I can't confess today, then surely—"

"today's valentine's day, the best day possible! I believe in you, chiyo-chan!!"