9: one step forward

"LET ME AT HER!"

     "LET ME AT HER!"...

     mai demanded, as maki and kugisaki held the girl back from jumping orimoto, who was happily clinging onto okkotsu's arm.

     "that was kinda mean", yūji frowned, as yoshino nodded in agreement.

     "by the way, when can we stop following them? this is getting tiring", megumi stated, for the group was currently hunched over behind one of the displays in the museum.

     "not until I make sure our precious chiyo is safe from that hoe that keeps trying to jab at us", mai sneered, glaring at the dark-haired second-year, as maki had rubbed her temples.

     "only two more nights of rooming with her", the latter grumbled.

     "did you guys do something to her? why's she out here attacking you three?", kugisaki asked, finding it somewhat comical.

     "nothing! we don't even know her!", mai proclaimed, stealthily shifting across the room, as she kept an eye on orimoto.

     "weird", yoshino commented, "maybe that's just her way of making friends??"

     "making friends my ass! do you steal your friend's belongings or ruin your friend's dress?", mai seethed.

     "I bet that stain won't come out of poor chiyo's dress even after three washes!"

     "as much as I agree with you, you need to quiet down before they hear us. sukuna's already suspicious of our presence because kugisaki stupidly uploaded our pictures onto her private story", yūji explained.

"it was an accident!", the orange-haired girl harshly whispered in defense.

whilst the group was bickering amongst themselves, chiyo was internally panicking.

'is my hand too sweaty? should I release my hand and wipe them? but what if he thinks that's gross? what if—his jacket smells like hi—FOCUS, CHIYO!!'

"do you like cherry blossoms?", sukuna suddenly asked, causing chiyo to snap out of her thoughts.

"pardon?"

"cherry blossoms, do you like them?", sukuna repeated.

"ah, they're in season now, aren't they? yes, they're pretty to look at", chiyo answered.

"great, let's go then", sukuna suddenly decided, dragging chiyo out of the museum, as she wondered how the boy knew the city so well.

     upon boarding the underground train, the two quickly arrived at sumida park, where the tokyo skytree could be seen from a distance — amongst the sakura trees who's branches stretched across the sky.

     still physically connected, chiyo shyly glanced at their conjoined hands with a smile on her face.

     the blonde girl savored the moment, as the two walked side by side, admiring the scenery.