4: bunny's lunch

CHIYO NERVOUSLY AWAITED

by the oak tree near the hakuzen tower, as maki and mai said that they would be expecting her at another part of the field.

scuffing the bottom of her shoe with the grass beneath her, chiyo was suddenly alerted of sukuna's presence when she heard a pair of feet walking towards her.

"here", sukuna stated, holding out a neatly wrapped up bento box, as chiyo accepted it with a smile.

     "t-thank you! and here's yours. sorry if it's not good...I don't usually cook since my mom isn't always home, and I'm busy with school", the second-year rambled.

     "it's fine. anyways, I'll return this to you today after the field trip. meet me at the school's front gates", sukuna said, taking the disgustingly (cutely) wrapped up bento box in exchange.

     chiyo bowed before rushing off to meet maki and mai, meanwhile sukuna headed the other way, meeting yūji and the rest of their friends.

     the platinum blonde girl anxiously unfolded the black fabric, as she wondered if sukuna used this same lunchbox.

     "look at her. all smitten because her crush made her lunch", mai teased, as chiyo's face only reddened.

     "to be honest, I doubt sukuna's very good at cooking. he probably just made her a sandwich or something", maki mindlessly commented.

     "i-is a sandwich bad?!", chiyo worried, for that was what she had made him.

     "uhh...no, not particularly. it's just that normally people who are inexperienced with cooking make sandwiches", maki answered, hitting the nail on the head.

     chiyo hoped that sukuna wouldn't hate her for her incompetence. as she opened the bento box, she was utterly shocked at how wonderful everything looked.

     "no way", mai gasped.

     not only was the rice seasoned with sesame seeds, but there was fried tempura in one column, handmade sushi rolls in another, and fried gyoza (dumplings) in the last one.

     "he even put some wasabi in there for you", maki gawked, as chiyo couldn't help but take a picture of the delicious lunch.

     "I haven't had a handmade lunch in a really long time", the girl smiled, digging in, as she savored every bite of it.

     "it's so good!!", she chirped.

     "damn. who knew that the angry kirby could cook", mai snorted.

     "probably his only redeeming quality", maki bluntly insulted.

     sukuna sneezed, as he cursed whoever the fuck was talking about him behind his back.