13: shoot your shot

THE END OF THE FIRST

     term was near, which meant that basketball tryouts were here.

     chiyo, maki, mai, kugisaki, and orimoto all gathered together on the bleachers to support their boys.

     others came for either megumi or his dad: fushiguro tōji.

     "KYAA!! FUSHIGURO-SENSEI, LOOK OVER HERE!!", one of the third-years shouted.

     "FUSHIGURO-KUN, I HAVE A TOWEL FOR YOU IF YOU NEED IT!!", her friend chimed in.

     "geez! I get fushiguro, but his dad? really?!", mai groaned.

     "that's because you're related to him, so you don't see the appeal. even a lesbian like me can recognize how attractive he is", kugisaki snorted.

     "gross", maki commented, as she could never imagine herself simping for an old man.

though to be fair, men weren't her type anyways.

     "chiyo-chan, look how handsome yūta looks!! aw, I'm going to attend every single game of his!", the dark-haired second-year proclaimed.

     chiyo smiled, as she couldn't help but hear the whispers behind her. though the girls around them weren't openly shouting for sukuna's attention, they didn't deny that him and yūji looked quite hot as well.

     "chiyo, is something wrong?", maki asked.

     "hm? ah, nothing!! I'm just anxious for them", chiyo smoothly lied, as maki just shrugged.

     "they make it or they don't. nothing to be concerned about".

     "yes but..."

     "EVERYONE QUIET DOWN!", tōji commanded, to which everybody had immediately directed their attention onto the older fushiguro.

     "I will be announcing the twelve players that I've chosen for the elite team shortly. so please, everyone stay quiet until I'm finished with all the names", tōji lazily stated.

"h-huh? I thought fushiguro-sensei was going to announce the results tomorrow?? that's what fushiguro-kun told me", chiyo whispered.

"he likes to do whatever he wants", mai casually replied, not seeming fazed at all.

"wouldn't surprise me if he just decided to do this on the spot without even telling megumi".

     kugisaki sweat-dropped at that, as she watched the basketball players all line up based on the number that they had sighed up in.

     "from the third-years, we have: kamo noritoshi, tōdō aoi, imawashī mahito, and imawashī kenjaku", tōji announced.

chiyo noticed that the last two players said by tōji shared the same last name, yet looked nothing alike. mahito had lakeshore blue hair, and kenjaku had short dark hair with a lazy yet seemingly devious smile plastered across his face.