20: winter kiss

PERHAPS HIKING THE

PERHAPS HIKING THE...

snowy mountains at 4 a.m. in the morning wasn't the best idea chiyo has ever had. in fact, it was probably one of the worst.

however, gojō had instructed the girl that, "if he truly likes you, he'd go through with any crazy idea that you'd have to offer".

hence chiyo had asked sukuna to come on an early morning hike with her, as his "reward" for scoring the last dunk needed to gain a ninety-two for the winter cup.

"you okay there?", sukuna asked, as he extended his hand out for chiyo to take.

usually he preferred sleeping in a little. however, when chiyo had pitched this idea of hers, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend more time with her, alone.

"y-yeah, I'm just a little unfit I guess", chiyo lightly laughed, as she accepted sukuna's gloved hand.

enjoying the crunching sound of snow beneath her feet, chiyo had led sukuna towards a public bench that was mounted not too far from the cliff.

     "this is where you wanted to take me?", sukuna questioned, taking a seat on the wooden bench, as chiyo had promptly done the same.

     "just wait for it", she said, as she took off one of her gloves and searched for her phone.

     briefly checking the time, chiyo had swiped to her camera, exchanging positions by sitting on the snowy ground instead.

     "what're you doing? it's cold. get up", sukuna demanded.

     ignoring the first-year's advice, chiyo even took off her large puffer jacket, just so that her phone could be propped up against the gap-filled bench.

     "seriously, you're going to catch a col—"

     chiyo dragged sukuna down with her, as she had placed her pointer finger against her lips. setting up her phone, the second-year had pressed the camera button so that the timer would go off.

with their backs turned to the ending road, sukuna couldn't help but unzip his navy blue trench coat and pull chiyo onto his lap.

enveloping her in his warmth, the second-year widened her eyes at the closeness once more. their eyes met as did their tepid breaths that mixed into the chilling air.

it was then that the sun had risen from its slumber, gracing the snow-filled mountains and parched air with its morning rays.

     and with the new light, the two who were still sitting on the wretchedly cold snow had gained a new perspective of each other as well.

     sukuna always knew that chiyo was pretty, but under the luminescent glare of the sun, she seemed to glow. her usual umber brown eyes lightened to a hazelnut brown; her fair skin that was tinted with a light rouge warmed against the press of the sun's selfless rays; her parted lips maintained its peach-like pink all while the winter breeze threatened to soak all the color out of it.