5: thank you

CHIYO WAS JUST ABOUT TO

     head to lunch with maki and mai, before itadori had miraculously showed up outside her classroom.

"ah, yūji-kun! what're you doing here?", chiyo questioned, glancing around to see whether sukuna had tagged along with him as well.

and to her dismay, he did not.

     "oh, I'm actually here to deliver something to you", the nicer itadori stated.

     "something for...me??"

     "oi, chiyo! what's holding yo—oh, it's you", mai frowned.

     yūji decided to just momentarily ignore the zen'in twins, as he handed chiyo a bento box that she was quite familiar with.

     "isn't this..."

"don't tell anyone, but sukuna made this for you", yūji whispered, causing the blonde second-year to blush profusely.

"m-me? w-why me? does...oh god, d-does he know?!"

"huh? know about what?", yūji confusingly questioned.

"he just made it for you because he heard that you eat too much frozen food, and it's not good for your body. but he's also too much of a pussy to hand the lunchbox to you directly, so here I am", the pink-haired boy explained.

     "oh", chiyo sighed, thankful that he wasn't aware of her crush yet.

     "wow. never took him to be the cooking type", maki snorted, as mai nodded in agreement.

     "most people don't. they get too distracted by his scowl that seems to be etched onto his face permanently", yūji joked, earning a light chuckle from chiyo.

     "yeah, but it's cute", chiyo unintentionally muttered.

     "hm? what was that? I'm sorry I didn't catch that, aoki-senpai".

     "i-it's nothing!! just thinking about math...aha...umm...say, yūji-kun..."

"yeah?"

"as much as I'd love to accept this lunch...I-I have nothing to give in return. I'd feel really bad if I just leeched off of sukuna's food, you know?"

yūji could see where the girl was coming from, as he didn't like owing others either.

"mm, maybe write him a note", yūji suggested.

     "a note?"

     "yeah! like maybe write a short thank you note and leave it in between the bento box and the furoshiki (a beautiful fabric used to wrap lunchboxes for easy carrying and aesthetics)".