A Portrait of You

jisung is quietly sitting on the bench with a book in his hand. he was planning on reading the book that jaemin gave him, which is about romance. he finds it boring since he prefers thrillers and scary books, but of course, he won't say that he hates it, jaemin might get offended. 

he looked at his phone to check the time, he sighed when he saw that he only have thirty minutes left before the fourth class starts. college life is pretty stressful, there are a lot of projects and things he needed to do. he's lowkey proud of himself because he still hasn't given up yet even though he's having a hard time. 

he continued to read the book, finding himself being focused on it. he also plugged his earphones into his ears and adjusted the volume to the highest, completely ignoring his surroundings. 

while busy reading the book, he didn't even realize a ball rolling on the ground. his attention was on it when he felt it bump his feet. he looked up just to see a guy, wearing a jersey, approaching him. he furrowed his eyebrows and unplugged the earphone on his right ear. 

"sorry." said the guy before picking up the ball. he was about to walk away when his name was yelled out by jisung, "hey, zhong!" 

the guy looked back at him, "what is it?" he raised his eyebrows. jisung pointed at something on the ground, "you dropped something." the guy bent down as he took the handkerchief that he dropped, he looked at jisung with a small smile, "thank you." he said before walking away. when he is completely away, jisung giggled, "what a weirdo." he whispered to himself.

he never knew someone having a cute handkerchief for a grown-up man is adorable, not to mention that he is a cool basketball player. 

jisung spent his remaining thirty minutes watching that guy play basketball on his own. he actually finds him attractive and he's also good at basketball. he's not like the other men who would look horrible while playing basketball, with their sweat running down their body and they would look sticky and disgusting, no.

he looks so bright, the ways his hair flows when he runs around, the way he glows under the sunlight. he looks so perfect. and also the way he wipes his sweat with that cute handkerchief. jisung couldn't help but giggle. while admiring the boy, a great idea pops into his mind. 

he took a pencil from his bag, he opened the book at the very last page and started to sketch the boy he is admiring. he is rather good at drawing and it is one of his hobbies. he just hopes that jaemin wouldn't care that he drew on the book, well, i mean, he can still erase it but it would be a waste if he would. he admired the guy carefully as his hand continued to sketch on the paper. he also made sure that his drawing is detailed, so he did try his best to make it look realistic. 

despite having a short remaining time, he did manage to finish the sketch and it is well drawn. he smiled proudly while looking at his work. after that, he did write the jersey number of the guy, and also the surname that is written on the back of the jersey. he ran a finger on the paper with a small smile, "zhong, twenty-two."

"how was it? did you like it?" jaemin asked the moment he sat down on the chair, he looked at jisung who is looking at the book, on the very last page of the book, and smiling very widely. jaemin smiled, thinking that jisung is almost at the end of the story. "i see that smile of yours! i told you, they will get married at the end and will have two kids!" jaemin giggled, "i remember jumping around and squealing very loudly when they kissed at the last part!" he said with a smile. but his smile turns upside down when he noticed that jisung is not listening to him. "hey, jisung? are you not listening?" he asked. the younger male looked at him for a moment and nodded, still having that wide smile. 

"clearly not listening," he said before snatching the book away from jisung. the saw how worried jisung looked when he took the book away from his hand, he wonders what's the reason, so without hesitating, he looked at the page where jisung is looking, "why are you too focused on this book—" jaemin didn't get to finish what he was about to say due to shock. "woah... who is this fine guy?" he asked. jisung bit his lips, trying to take the book away from jaemin but the older is trying to dodge his hands, "no one—"

"zhong, twenty-two?" 

jaemin gave jisung a sly smile, "who is he?" he raised an eyebrow. "and you really have the guts to draw him in my book, is he the love of your life? the one you like?"

"i told you, he's no one!"
jisung finally got to take the book away from jaemin. but he didn't get away from the teasings he is receiving from jaemin, "hm, does he study at this university? where can i find him?" 

"hyung, he's no one! you can't find him anywhere—"

"do you like him?"