Somebody To Love

this is based on chenji this and that episode 13 (season 2) because they look so absolutely cute in that episode, I feel like cryinggggg. i also recommend listening to 'somebody to love' by queen while reading this :D

chenle and jisung have been dating for years, and today is their third anniversary. for their anniversary, they don't want anything fancy or expensive, a simple date will do. 

an arcade date. 

while walking down the streets, jisung's slender arm is wrapped around chenle's shoulder. people and homophobes are giving them disgusted looks while some are smiling at them, admiring how attractive they are, but they couldn't care less, as long as they're happy with what they have right now, each other.

even though walking more than five kilometers is extremely demanding, the two would rather spend their time walking together because they are both in good physical shape. just as January came to an end, it is really cold outside. they are both wearing similar jackets of different colors, stylish boots, and lovely scarves.

"jisung-ah," chenle called out his lover's name. the said man looked at chenle, "what is it?" "I heard there's a store that sells buengoppang, just right across the arcade, would you like to try some later?" he waited for jisung's answer, "hm, of course!" 

the two talked and laughed, argued and debated over small matters, and so on as they walked. they traveled for about an hour to get there. when they arrived at the arcade, the employees smiled and welcomed them, and they responded out of respect. there aren't many people inside the arcade, but that's to be expected—literally, it's brutally cold outside, and nobody would want to go play at an arcade during this time of year.

the two went to the counter. "hello there! welcome again! how many tokens this time?" the employee greeted them. she's aware of chenle and jisung, I mean, they would often spend their weekends in this arcade. jisung chuckled, "no tokens this time, we're getting the play-all-you-can card. how much it is?" he said with no hesitation making chenle and the employee's eyes widened.

"are you insane? the play-all-you-can card costs a lot of money." chenle whispered to his lover, making sure that nobody heard because it might offend them. jisung smiled at him, "don't worry, it's on me." he said before facing the employee, raising his two fingers, gesturing to her, "two cards, please." the employee did what he said, giving him two shining silver cards, jisung gave her a good amount of money. "thank you, sir!" 

"what's with you? this card costs a lot!" chenle whisper-yells at jisung as they leave. the younger laughed sarcastically, "you're behaving like I spent millions of money, and also, I get money for being a dance instructor at our school, have you forgotten?" jisung interrupts chenle just as he is about to complain by squishing his cheek and saying, "oh c'mon, chenle. let's just enjoy this, shall we?"

they first played the basketball game, and as usual, chenle won. he's pretty good at playing basketball, and even with how tall jisung is, he won't win over his lover. "see that? I fucking won again!" chenle cheered as jisung watched him fondly. he likes seeing chenle smile, the way his eyes disappear whenever he smiles, how whiskers on his cheeks appear. it is indeed a good sight to jisung. "let's play one more time! try winning over me this time." chenle said with confidence. jisung knows damn well that he won't win over him, but since he likes seeing chenle being all competitive, might as well try it. "okay, let me try." he said as he swiped the card, the game started and chenle was smirking the whole time, being competitive as fuck.