Driven by You

happy valentine's to all you beautiful people! ♡

february 3

"our campus is holding a huge party for valentine's day. the chairman informed me that all of the club picked an individual to perform for the night, which means, we need to pick one here," the coach pointed at her students, "is anybody here interested in performing? the performer will receive a high grade, as long as the club members. so, is anybody here interested?" she asked, looking around her students.

everybody turned their heads to zhong chenle. the best singer in the music club, just like what people say. chenle is pretty popular around their campus. his beautiful and powerful voice, his intelligence when it comes to academic life, his talent when it comes to playing lots of instruments, his true kindness that he shows people, and lastly, his breathtaking beauty that could steal your girl, even your man.

"chenle should perform! people would catch his attention and hype the performance. isn't it great?" a girl said.

"i agree! in fact, you're a very excellent singer! why not participate?" a boy from the back replied.

"you're the best singer just like people say! go on chenle, it's time to shine!" a group of women behind him stated.

chenle furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "why me? is anybody even interested? i-i don't want to outshine or step on anybody here. someone who's not me should–"

"I nominate chenle to perform!" said a girl and a boy in sync, raising their hands, followed by the group of girls on his back, followed by the people on the back, and suddenly, everybody's raising their hands. chenle couldn't help but sigh and groan silently in annoyance.

"okay, it seems like everybody votes for chenle to take the spotlight! be prepared, zhong. you're going to perform on the 14th." their coach announced, snapping her finger.

this happens every time. yes, chenle does appreciate all of the fame, love, and support he's receiving, but the thing he hates is this kind of thing. people always choose him on good terms and it annoys him. he doesn't want to be this popular to the point that every people will pick him, choose him for everything. just like what he said, he doesn't want to outshine anybody. only if he could, he would let them take the chance to perform for the night, or even give them the chance to be the famous one, instead of him.

february 5

"happy birthday, man!" mark wrapped his arm around jisung. the younger male, who was silently reading a book, flinched when he heard his friend's loud voice. he looked around to see his other friend, jeno, holding a cake with one lighted candle on it, as his two friends started to sing him a happy birthday.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday~"

jisung smiled at his friends, as he started to softly clap his hands, bopping his head and started singing along, "happy birthday to meeeee–"

"SHUT UP!" a loud voice of a male interrupted them. they looked to see and saw a grumpy guy who was holding a piece of paper. the three young males stopped singing and gave the grumpy male a look, "killjoy!" jeno yelled back, "this is not your place to tell us to shut up!" mark did the same, but their look softened when they noticed who the grumpy kid is.