39. Father

Bailey's Pov

I... have no words to say. I promised myself that I would not let anyone walk over me but... this was different.

Some may think that family is one of the best things you can have, but no one is prepared to expect the worse. And it's hard to let go of someone you once loved.

Driving home with my now so called boyfriend I was not expecting to see my father sitting on my couch casually in my house.

What made it worse was that he was holding a gun pointed straight at me.

I felt trapped, I couldn't warn the others. I couldn't protect Damien from someone who I thought was suppose to love me.

There was nothing, no smart remarks, not a single thing.

I thought he would stay away for good, take Blazes threat seriously. But he's even dumber then I thought.

"Look who it is, my lovely daughter and her boyfriend." He smirks.

"What do you want?" I ask.

All I needed to do was get the gun out of my back pocket. But I can't do it unless he's looking away.

And suddenly I've got an idea.

I hug Damien and he puts his arm around my waist.

"Did you really think I was going to let you get away with what you've done. To think you had so much potential." He says.

"Potential for what?" I ask him angrily.

"Well taking over the Mafia. You see, I am ready to step down, and I need one of my heirs to take over." He explains.

"What makes you think I would take over?" I ask.

"Well if you don't then I'll just have to kill the ones you love." He says pointing the gun at Damien.

I rolled my eyes.

He cocks the gun and moved it towards the door and shoots. But I don't flinch, he needs me alive he wouldn't dare to kill me.

"You won't kill me, you need me." I say disregarding my other plan.

I move away from Damien and towards the stairs.

"I'm going to go upstairs and take a shower, you two can have a little talk while I'm gone. I need to get out of these ridiculous clothes." I say.

I look at Damien and wink, hoping he gets my intentions.

Damien's strong, he can handle himself for the most part. Unless it comes to me, I am stronger then him but he is a good distraction.

My fathers mistake was coming back here, then letting his guard down with me. Honestly he is pathetic.

He came here to kill me but he won't. He needs an heir to his mafia and I'm sure that Blaze isn't going to take over.

Taking over the mafia isn't what I want either. I like just being an assassin.

I head upstairs and into the bathroom. Turning on the water to make it seem like I'm taking a shower I carefully walk back to my room.

Grabbing a towel and my phone I walk back to the bathroom.

I go on my phone and text Azora, telling her to bring Blaze, Dominic, Brooklyn, Aiden and Seth to my house.

I put my phone down on the counter and take out my hair.

I bent down and wet my hair then begin to wash it.

-

After I finish washing my hair I wrap it around in a towel and turn off the water.