Chap.1 || Cursed

Hello ladies, lords, and gentle-thems! I wanna thank you all so so much for 1K reads on my last empires book, never thought I would reach that goal but as a thank you here is another empires book with Scott angst along with some flower husbands fluff. 

TW:
-Fainting
-Crying

Scott's POV

This is it, the day we defeat Xornoth once and for all. I ran and lured Xornoth into the circle. Once he got in, I immediately ran out and ran beside Gem. She quickly made a barrier trapping Xornoth in the circle. Katherine, Shubble, and Pearl came running towards us. 

"You got him?!" Shubble exclaimed stopping right next to Katherine, "Yup, we did." I replied, "LET ME OUT!" Xornoth yelled. I shook my head and smirked, "You're not getting out of this one brother."

"Xornoth! What's going on?!" Joey yelled running towards us, his crown was gone and his eyes were back to normal. "Joey, get me out of here!" Xornoth ordered,  "Joey, don't do it." I said as Pearl held Joey back.

Just as I said that, Gem got her spell ready. She released the spell but right as the spell was about to hit Xornoth, I could see Xornoth quickly make a blue crystal and throw it to me. I raise both of my arms in defense, "NO!" The spell hit Xornoth as a blinding light covered my vision. 

I closed my eyes as the crystal he threw went through my body, I could feel coldness going through me. I opened my eyes and looked behind me, the crystal wasn't there.  I looked back to see a red crystal on the ground, the red corruption was now replaced with moss and trees.

Everyone started to open their eyes, glancing around the new scenery before staring at the red crystal. Gem stepped forward and took the crystal from the ground, "Scott, you should take it." She said handing the crystal over to me. 

As I was about to grab it, I felt coldness run through my body. My head was spinning like crazy and I felt like passing out. "SCOTT!" That was all I heard before I fell to the ground passing out. 

Gem's POV

I held the crystal out for Scott to take it, he was about to take the crystal but passed out. 

"SCOTT!" I yelled, I ran to Scott's side and set his head on my lap. He was ice cold and a light blue snowflake pattern was forming on his right eye. I threw Xornoth's crystal to Pearl who caught it. 

"What's wrong with him?" Shubble asks, "I don't know, he just fainted and this pattern is starting to appear. Maybe he's just tired? He did fight Xornoth for a while." I replied, "I can bring him back to his empire, you guys go back and explain everything to Joey." I explain taking my staff, the girls nodded and left giving me Xornoth's crystal back.

I teleported me and Scott back to Rivendell, It's a lot colder here than I remember. I set Scott down on his bed and message Jimmy, he deserves to know. 

<GeminiTay> Jimmy, I need you to be here in Rivendell. Don't ask why.

I sent the message and waited for a response, Jimmy messaged me back saying that he was on his way. I check on Scott making sure he was okay from time to time, he was getting colder. I can't tell if that was good or bad. 

Soon enough, Jimmy arrived. I could hear him knock on the door, "Upstairs!" I yelled, he ran up in a hurry. His face quickly went from confusion to concern and fear. He saw Scott on the bed and ran to his side.  

"What happened?!" He asks holding his husband's hand shivering at the coldness, I sighed and explained everything to him. He was still scared but relieved that Xornoth was gone, Scott stirred in his sleep alerting me and Jimmy. 

His eyes flutter open as Jimmy engulfed him in a tight hug, "Scott! I'm so glad you're awake!" He said hugging him even tighter. I could see confusion in Scott's eyes but he hugged back anyways, Jimmy let go of the hug and sat beside him. 

"W-What happened?" He stuttered, "Well, you were about to take Xornoth's crystal when you passed out. You were ice cold and you have that mark or pattern on your face." I explained, I could see Scott shiver which alerted Jimmy. 

Jimmy hugged him and asked, "Are you cold?" "Yeah, a bit." Scott replied, "I thought you were already accustomed to the cold?" I ask, "I should be, but it's really cold for some reason." He said curling up beside Jimmy. "Now that you mentioned it, Rivendell is a lot colder than usual." Jimmy pointed out.

"Yeah, it is. We still need to find out about that mark on your eye." 

Scott's POV

Mark on my eye? 

"What does it look like?" I ask, "Uh, it's light blue and it looks like a huge snowflake." Gem explained, maybe it's a sign for something? 

"Oh yeah, are we still having that festival you talked about?" She asks, "I think so, only a little bit cold but I think I can handle it." I said, "Alright, I'll tell the others you're okay." Gem said getting up from her seat, she said a quick goodbye before heading out. 

"Do you want me to stay?" Jimmy asks, I nod and bury my head in his neck. "You're really cold Scott, you sure you're okay?" He asks, I gave him a reassuring nod. He smiled, "Want me to make you some hot chocolate?" He asks, I nod. 

He gets up and walks downstairs to my kitchen, I got lonely and decided to watch him make my hot chocolate. I stood up and walked downstairs to see Jimmy making my hot chocolate, he didn't notice me yet so I sat on one of the stools of my kitchen island. Once Jimmy finished, he turned around and screamed nearly dropping the 2 mugs of hot chocolate in his hands. 

I laughed as Jimmy pouted, "Scott! You scared the life out of me!" He said placing a mug down, he kissed my forehead and gave me a mug. I brought the mug to my mouth and took a sip, this stuff is good. I could feel my body getting warmer, "Is it just me or has it become warmer?" Jimmy pointed out, "I think it has." I replied. 

Once I finished the hot chocolate, Jimmy offered to wash the cups while I walk around Rivendell to get some fresh air. I was walking around my pond when the water froze, I start to panic and remember that I had the frost walked boots I got from Lizzie on. I took them off and went to another pond just to make sure, the pond froze.

My breath hitched, my boots are off and it's not snowing. Why is the water freezing? I could feel Rivendell getting colder and colder, it also started to snow. I headed to my base to get warmer only to see Jimmy sitting on the couch waiting for me. "You were out for a while, where did you go?" He asked, I told him that I was walking around and forgot about the time.

It was dark so we decided to call it a night, me and Jimmy headed to the second floor. We cuddled in my bed and slowly drift to sleep.

??? POV

I'm sorry my champion, for I cannot save you. Your fate has been chosen and it cannot change.

Jimmy, please keep him safe. As he cannot control the eternal winter just yet. He will learn and progress but in the end, after fighting the greatest challenges, he will have to face his doom. 

I'm sorry about Xornoth. For you, my champion has unfortunately been cursed. 

Word Count: 1307 Words