Chap.3 || It's All My Fault...

Before you start reading, thank you so so much for 70+ reads! Never thought I would get that many reads in just a few days! Thank you all again and hope you enjoy crying about this chapter!

TW:
-Anxiety attack

Scott's POV

Why can't my life just be normal? Now I have uncontrollable ice powers, I pulled an all-nighter just thinking about it. 

It's been a few days since the 'ice spike incident' and I was thinking about going to Gem's to maybe try and control my powers, I had no other choice. Gem was the only person I know who has 'experience' in learning magic. 

I walked out of my base, my empire was completely covered with huge ice spikes. There was a lot of snow too. I thought about if I should go to Gem's base. 

I didn't think twice and flew over to Gem's empire, I knew I was getting close when I saw her Wizard tower come into view. I flew around her dragons and flew above her empire looking for her. Once I found her, I landed right behind her. 

"Gem!" I yelled, she turned back and waved to me. "Hello, Scott! What brings you to the Crystal Cliffs?" She asks, "Well, to make it short. Xornoth sort of cursed me with ice powers and now I have ice powers that I can't control" I rambled, Gem's facial expression held shock and confusion. 

"Uh, let me test this first. Follow me." she said leading me to a lake, I realized that I still had my frost walker boots on so I took them off. I stepped onto the shore of the lake, my hand was cols and mark started to glow, the water started to freeze. My eyes widened. 

"Woah." Gem inspected the water, it was frozen solid. "Okay uh, maybe try your hands?" She said breaking the ice with her pickaxe.

I nodded and got on one knee, I hovered my hand on the water. I was scared that the same thing might happen to her empire. What if her empire becomes like mine? What if I hurt her?

I hesitantly lowered my hand till it touches the water. Just as it touches the water, an ice spike sprouted from the water as the water surrounding it was frozen.

I yelped and pulled my hand away from the water, I stood up and backed away. I heard Gem gasp and stumble back. "Oh dear. Scott, can you unfreeze it?" She asks, "I can't! I can't control my powers yet!" I yelled as another ice spike sprouted from the water making me let out another yelp.

My lips were quivering and I was trembling with fear, I looked at my hands. They were white, my eyes widened as my breathing started to quicken.

Gem held my both my shoulders tight. "Scott, look at me. You need to calm down." She said as I nodded, I matched my breathing to hers and soon enough I was calmed down.

Gem lead me to her unfinished academy so I could try to control my powers. We were standing in her Academy hallway, Gem placed some water in a hole and told me to try and freeze it.

I stood near it and watched as the water froze. "Okay, great! Now try to unfreeze it." She said, "Are you sure?" I ask, "Yeah, just concentrate really hard!"

I concentrated hard, it wasn't working. Gem was trying to hype me up but it still wasn't working.

"Gem, I can't do it." I said, "You can!" She assured, "I told you I can't." "You can Scott! You just need to focus!" "Gem, I might hurt you!" "No one is getting hurt if you just focus!"

Honestly, I was getting sort of annoyed. Gen was still hyping me up, telling me to try harder and focus more. I am doing that! It's just not working.

"C'mon Scott! Try harder." She said, I had enough of this. "GEM ENOUGH!"

Third Person POV

"GEM ENOUGH!" Scott yelled, his mark was glowing a bright blue as his red necklace started glowing. His eyes turned fully white as huge ice spikes grew from the floor.

Gem's eyes widened, she put her arms up in a defensive position as she was flung into the wall then getting trapped with ice spike surrounding her.

Blue shards were flying everywhere and one managed to go through Gem. Some strands of her hair was turning white.

Scott's eyes turned back to normal, his mark was still giving a faint glow.

Once he snapped back into reality, he realized what he had done. He looked around in fear before worriedly looking at Gem.

The whole hallway of the academy was covered in snow and ice spikes. "N-No no, Gem..." he stuttered, "I-It's okay, it's okay." Gem assured climbing her way out between the ice spikes, "No Gem it's not!" Scott yelled, "Gem your hair.." he trailed off.

Gem took a glance at her hair, her eyes widening. "Scott, its fine. I'm fine." She said. "Gem I told you I would hurt you!" "Listen, Scott. I'm not hurt."

Scott backed away slowly, "I-I need to go." Scott said taking out his rockets, "Wait Scott!-" It was too late, Scott had shot into the sky and was now flying back to his empire.

'I ruined everything! Why did I think it was okay to even go there?!' Scott thought as he arrived back in his empire, he ran inside his base and took a look in the mirror.

Scott's POV

I look different...

My eyes and hair were now a brighter blue, my mark was still glowing, my clothes were covered in ice and snow, my hands are frozen, there's snow on my head, and...

My wings...

The once bright gold wings were now blue and frozen. I don't feel cold...

I stare at myself in the mirror, what have I become?...

I already hurt Gem, what if hurt my other friends aswell? I need to run, I can't risk hurting anybody else. 

I need to go somewhere far where no one can find me. I stare out of my window, my empire was covered in snow and ice spikes.

I walk back to the mirror.

I'm a monster...

I'm not fit to rule Rivendell anymore..

I stare at my Rivendell armour and my crown. I can't wear this anymore. This was designed for the king of Rivendell, I'm just a monster now...

I take off my armour and place it nicely on my armour stand, I pick up my crown off of my head and place it on a table. I'm gonna miss it.

I remembered something. I glanced at my habd, it was my golden ring. A soft smile was plastered on my face, Jimmy gave it to me when he proposed, I still remember that day.

'S & J' was carved into the ring.

I'm sorry Jimmy, I wish I could stay but I can't risk hurting you. I slowly took off my ring and placed it right next to my crown. I don't want to hurt you...

I look at my Royal Rivendell Attire, I don't feel comfortable wearing them, they're for an actual ruler. Not a monster.

I changed my clothes, I wore a white shirt with a blue jacket, blue pants and a pair of winter boots. I stare at my necklace, I can't leave this here.

I take the crystal out, I'm taking it with me. Who knows, someone could try and take it. I got a shulker box and fill it with things I need.

Once I finished, I mined it up with my pickaxe and take one last look at my base. I sighed and walked out of my base, I flew onto a nearby mountain and take a glance around my empire.

I don't know if I'm gonna come back, maybe I will maybe I won't.

I'm sorry I failed you Rivendell.

I'm sorry I failed you Aeor.

I'm just not fit for the throne anymore.

I'm sorry Gem.

I'm sorry Jimmy.

I'm sorry everyone.

It's all my fault...

Word Count: 1361 Words