The Snake King

Look at this picture!!!!! She's so pretty!!!! adslknfewkgnrik

tw: sw3@ring, I think that's all, if not tell me

Word Count: 4,643

-------

Reader walks up with the slightest sense of guilt. I really shouldn't have told them.

But then they would never have known, and therefore wouldn't be able to help you.

But what if they won't actually help. What if they'll just forget and be confused when I freeze up. What if-

Hey, you should probably get up.

Oh shit, yeah I probably should. Reader jumps down their ladder, startling Jay, who was in the prosses of changing.

"Woah! Dude! What're you doing?" Reader exclaims as they shield their eyes for Jay's privacy.

"The bathroom's taken." He says nervously.

"Alrighty, well......looks like we're changing together." Reader jokes. Jay giggles through his nose and continues changing. Reader gets their ninja outfit and turns facing the wall.

Just then, Cole walks in and stumbles back in surprise saying, "Woah!!! Was NOT expecting to see that!" Reader turns and giggles saying, "Sorry Cole, the bathroom was taken."

"Yeah, by me." Cole says as he tosses his pajamas in his black hamper. Kai sits up, a tired and confused look upon his face, his hair sticking up everywhere and flat on one side.

"Hmmm....what's goin' on?" He asks in a tired voice.

"Nothin' much, just changing." Jay answers casually. Kai makes a disgusted face and says, "Why are you changing in here, I don't wanna see that." Reader laughs and tosses their own pajamas into their green hamper.

"It's okay, Kai. We're done. It's safe." Reader says.

"M'kay, good. 'Cause I don't wanna see none of that." Kai says as he climbs down his ladder and stumbles over to where his ninja outfit is kept. Reader sighs and says, "Anyway, Imma head on over to breakfast. See y'all."

"Ooo! I'm coming too!" Jay exclaims as he follows after Reader.

-------

The five ninja, plus Lloyd, are sitting at the dinner table, breakfast is long gone, and Lloyd's talking about how he'll defeat a Serpentine without knowing what kind it is.

"First, I'll stomp on his tail. Then, when he turns, a thunderclap to the ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him." Lloyd says, making wild hand gestures.

"Too late, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control." Cole says.

"Or he's put you in a squeeze." Zane says.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom. Trust me, bad stuff." Kai explains.

"For real, that shit is god-awful. Zero outta ten, would not recommend." Reader adds. Lloyd groans before turning to his now-entering uncle and asks, "Uncle, what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?"

"Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute that you five carelessly lost." Sense explains.

"Hey, no no no, we didn't lose it, Pythor stole it." Jay defends.

"Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger." Sensei explains.