𝕴𝖐𝖆𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖒 𝖓𝖆 𝖄𝖚𝖌𝖙𝖔

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓎𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓉
Happy Face- Jagwar Twin

≿━━━༺❀༻━━━≾

Ann Marie was peacefully reading a book in her room. Ilang minuto pa ang nakakalipas ay tiniklop niya ang librong binabasa niya. She went near her window to watch their family gathering. 

Her eyes landed on her cousins. They were wearing elegant dresses, champagne on their glasses. Nakikipagusap ang mga ito sa kapwa kamag-anak nila. They look so classy and formal, but she knew deep inside those smiles, they're hiding their true colors. 

Take for example the woman wearing a black backless slitted gown, her name was Katarina, her first cousin. Everyone admire her for being hardworking and kind. They were so proud of her achievements and being successful despite at a young age.

However, no one knew that her money came from a dirty work. They had no idea she had to let her body used by an old man in exchange of money. Of course with an innocent face like her, no one would think she could do such thing. 

Looks are always deceiving. 

She then shifted her gaze and saw a gentleman talking to his dearest aunt and uncle. She crossed her arms and watch them talking. That man was her second cousin named Ford. Unlike any other cousins she knew, he was the most modest of them. They never saw him lost his temper, and always chooses the most convenient way to solve a problem without making it a huge mess. 

And yet, they never knew he was the reason why his ex girlfriend committed suicide. 

Ann Marie walk towards the balcony of her room to see everyone in their garden. Abala ang mga ito sa pag-uusap at pakikipagtawanan na hindi nila napansin ang mga titig ng dalaga. She once again roamed her eyes as she continued to tap her fingers. 

From the rounded table to the left, there sit her father's siblings. Mahinahon na nag-uusap ang mga ito't nakikipagdiskusyon tungkol sa mga negosyo't mga plano sa hinaharap. Her eyes caught her uncle Damian who offered a toast. He looks dignified and just, e very kind uncle to his niece and nephews, an understanding elder brother, but never a good husband to his wife. 

Ibinaling naman ng dalaga ang tingin sa asawa ng tiyo niya. Her aunt Vivian looks stunning with her golden evening dress. Napakamaaliwalas ng mukha nito't nakangiti ito habang nakikipagusap sa mga kumare nito. 

She looks happy and everyone thinks she had a healthy relationship with her uncle Damian. However, behind those smiling face hides a sad and traumatic experience from her eyes. No one knows about the cuts and bruises underneath her make up and concealers. 

Smiling means a lot of things. Some people smile to protect. They smile to hide the pain. Others smile because it was easy. Faking smile is always easy than telling others what's wrong. 

Ann Marie's eyes finally found her mother and father who was greeting newly arrived visitors. She wanted to applaud them for being so nice and accommodating towards them. Funny how they seem to be so warmhearted when they can't even give their daughter a kind of love that she deserves.

As for the rest of her relatives, they just pretended to care so they can get a better seat to watch them struggle. This is the reality that not every helping hand is there to help. 

"They're hypocrites, aren't they?" Ann Marie didn't bother to look at the one who spoke. She knew who it was. 

"Yes, they are." Sagot nito habang mapait na ngumiti. 

"Here," Inangat ni Ann Marie ang kaniyang tingin nang may inabot itong isang makapal na folder sa kaniya. 

When she opened it, she saw documents and pictures of solid proofs and evidences of her family's  shenanigans. Nahigit nito ang kaniyang hininga sa nakita. She knew what they did, but she never expected it could be this worse.