The Gala

At the Black Manor,

The manor was resplendent with the sounds of classical music and chattering of pureblood lords, and the giggles of pureblood ladies. However, the host and the hostess of the evening were no where to be seen. Until,

"Good evening everyone" came a male voice. The owner of the voice, whose face was covered in darkness. He was later seen to be seen joined by a female, who was also in the dark but one can spot streaks of her platinum blonde hair.

The dark figure spoke" It gives me great pleasure to welcome everyone who has come to the party organized by the Noble and Ancient house of Black, I hope you enjoy the evening "

The owner of the voice came into light, revealing himself to be Regulus Black, The Head of the House of Black. Beside him was Theodora Black néé Malfoy, His wife and the sister of Lucius Malfoy.

The respectable couple were one of the most powerful among the pure-blood community. Being a Black and Malfoy, A union of two powerful pure-blooded houses, they had everything one could dream of.

The duo were seen as the epitome of how a marriage is supposed to be. They dated for a year before getting married in a grand way befitting their status. The respect and love between two seemed endless yet formal. 

That was only what they have decided to show.

In reality, Regulus and Theodora's relationship has been deteriorating since the past few months.

The main concern being Hesper. Regulus wants Hesper to be raised according to his age. Theodora, however, disagrees. She wanted her son to realise his responsibilities as an heir of the Black Family and wants him to grow up quickly. She did not want her son to end up disowned like her brother in law. This often resulted in their constant arguments.

The partners separated, Theodora went towards Narcissa and Regulus went towards Lucius. Slowly, they covered every important individual who turned up at the gala, greeting everyone with a nod and a smile, a smile that was so real no one could see that it was a fake.

Everyone danced and had a merry time.

The party was finally over as everyone took their leave.

They were changing as the Black Family owl started tapping the wall. Regulus opened the window to see the owl holding a letter from Hesper.

The context of the letter was:

DEAR MOTHER AND FATHER,

I APOLOGIZE IF I CAUSED ANY INCONVENIENCE,
PROFFESOR SNAPE DECLARED THAT WE HAVE A PARENT-TEACHER MEET AT HOGWARTS. THE BOTH OF YOU ARE EXPECTED TO COME. I WILL SHARE REST OF THE DETAILS WHEN I RETURN HOME.
YOURS TRULY,
HESPER

" I will owl brother to see if they are going, make a decision by then"
Theodora said before exiting the room, leaving Regulus to his thoughts.

"Sirius will be coming, how am I supposed to face him after all the resentment I have against him. He is finally free from the formalities, he will be so happy that he probably forgot he left me behind. " Regulus said to himself and decided to wait for his wife.

Contrary to others belief, Regulus missed his brother a lot. He felt like he lost all of his emotions and a chance of a proper guidance once Sirius left.

No matter what has happened, He always loved Sirius as his brother. He just wasn't brave enough to stand up against his family like his cousin, Andromeda and his brother.

Regulus was never happy in his life. The luxuries, respect and privileges he got after he came in power could not buy his happiness of his childhood.

It was always about Pureblood matters, Ministry matters and politics. It was not for him. But, he had no choice other than accepting his responsibility. It was too late now. He had a son to think about. He would not let his son endure what he had felt when he was a kid. He would never leave him like his brother left him.

Hey Guys,
Updated this chapter too
So the reason of such formality in Hesper's letters is because of Theodora. She taught him to write letters as a practice for his future years.

Plus you can't expect Regulus to bear 0 bad feelings against Sirius. The boy was young when Sirius left, vulnerable to his maniacal parents.