I Was a Teenage Abomination PT 1

"Well Luz! Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?" Eda said as she gestured to what looked like a giant worm with the characteristics of leeches. It was something called a trash slug. It was (not surprisingly) surrounded by trash and muck. Flies audibly buzz around the corpse.

"I don't like this." Luz said as she shook her head and plugged her nose.

"Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside. Until, blam, it gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate." Eda said as she walked to the trash slug. She reached in and pulled out a rubber chicken from the trash slug's mouth. She then got out a pickaxe and handed it to Luz.

"Please don't make me." Luz said. "HA! Whimp." Scare said as he made his way to the trash slug and started to rummage through its trash.

Luz looked at Y/N, who was just sitting and watching. "Your not gonna rummage through trash?" Luz asked.

"No, I ain't in the mood to get trash on me." Y/N said.

"Aw, come on, you two. It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass." King said as he laid down to nap.

"Ah, nuts to all three of you." Eda said as she swung her pickaxe at the slug.

"So, Eda... What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship?" Luz asked Eda.

"Not this again." Y/N mumbled in annoyance and face palmed.

"Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or‐" Luz went on.

"Learning to take one's voice or weld their teeth together?" Y/N mumbled in annoyance.

"Ya that." Luz said, not knowing what he actually meant by that.

"Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." Eda said as she was tossing things from the trash slug's mouth.

Y/N face palmed. "Great! Now she'll never shut up about it." Y/N thought to himself as he referred to Luz not shutting up about the magic school now that she knew about it.

"Wait. Is there a magic school here? Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?" Luz said as she was starting to get excited.

"Yes there is. It's "Admit your an idiot at magic" academy." Y/N said as he tried to use his eyepatch to keep sand out of his eyes.

"Mm‐hmm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?" Eda asked as she stood on the pile of trash.

Luz's excited expression fell. Eda saw this and felt a little bad. "Uh... Hey, here's a lesson." She said Luz's hand in a puddle of trash slug...something liquid. Not sure what it was to be honest.

"A great witch is resourceful, like this." Eda said as she pulled Luz's hand back and forth before letting go. Luz continued digging until she pulls something out.

"Oh, hey. Greasy slime ball." Luz said unenthusiastic.

"Use your slime ball wisely, young witch." Eda said before getting up. "Back at it! We'll hit the stink nodes first." Eda said as she went back to the trash slug.

"Actually, if it's okay, I think I'll head home and look at pictures of animals that are still... alive. Love you, King." Luz said as she rubbed Kings belly and left. King just giggled.