Storm

A very heavy storm arrived the same time I did. I could hardly handle my bags, because of the wind. I got the info to wait for Rita. She had to pick me up at the harbor but after twenty minutes I decided it would be a good idea to just go to the nearest shop, so I will not die outside because of some trees crashing or branches flying.

I was nearly at a café as I saw a dog sitting in the pouring rain. I stopped in track.

I make dumb decisions and the next one I made was one of them. At first.

I ran over to him. He had no leash nor a nametag. He was alone.

I would have taken him with me in the café, but there was a sign. "No animals allowed."

I knew the direction to my new place, because I googled it before going on ship, so I took my bags and I said: "c'mon boy, I will not leave you here alone." That was all I had to say and he followed me.

I knew I would risk my life by not going somewhere inside, but what about the dog.

We walked out of the little city over a field. I could hear the waves crashing and the wind howling. I could also hear the rain and the trees. I could see the beach through some trees, but I stopped and so does the dog besides me.

I could hear how some trees crashed and I wasnt quite sure if we should go through it. My two bags were getting very heavy. I moved forward, not want to waste any more time and go the shortest way, but I noticed no dog besides me so I stopped and looked around me. He still stood there. Not moving.

I dropped my bags and took some steps in his direction. "c'mon boy. What are you waiting for?"

He just walked to little steps backwards. "No no no. Please, its not as far anymore."

I take another step in his direction and hear a voice. I could not see anyone nor hear the exact words, in cause of the wind and the rain. So, I thought I imagined it myself and got closer to the dog.

I wanted him to feel save by my side, so we can go through the forest, but he took a step back again.

"I will not leave you here! Please for our both sakes, come with me!" He started barking at me and right after that I just heard a big crash behind me and some branches with leaves pushed me to the ground.

My vision got blurry and my head really hurt. I could not really see anything besides the dog standing above me and a person joining his side.

I tried to get a clear vision and to stand up but I couldnt. The other person said something but it faded away.

I didn't feel much, just that the other person picked me up and whistles to the dog. After that I closed my eyes.

___

It was warm, to warm. My head was running in circles and my hands were shaking.

Screams.

Screams filled the emptiness I was in.

I opened my eyes and saw flames all over the place. I felt pain on my arm and my back.

I saw my house. My parents. My sisters.

I did that. I hurt them.

I saw movements. My twin and my dad stood up. They had lain beneath my mom and older sister. I just watched them standing crying over the others. They were not moving. My dad looks through the smoke right at me.

He knew I had done this.

That look on his face spoke more blaming worlds that he has ever said to me before and after that event.