Teasing

Keith's POV

      Lets just start off by saying, Lance's nice moments don't last very long. The rest of the week him and Hunk seemed to have teamed up against me, trying to play matchmaker. Every time I walked with Katie, one of them would push us into one another. Every time I glared at them, they would just wink or wiggle their eyebrows at me. It was honestly infuriating. I opened up to Lance in confidence, and now he pulls this annoying crap. And just when I thought he was becoming tolerable. I guess i cant blame him though. I did help him with his first date with Allura. So I can see that he's trying to help. Hunk on the other hand is just nosey.

       Although I cant say that its not working. Every time one of the idiots mentions anything about us getting closer, Katie blushes. So in a way, I'm getting conformation. Either that or she's just embarrassed or mad, which I doubt, cause she would verbally announce it.

     Today i guess we're going on a hike of sorts. Which will be fun considering the public still makes a big fuss about us. Its been hard to go anywhere, no matter the location, without being recognized. Plus, now were all together, so that'll make things worse. Great.

The woods were camping. And very beautiful. The way the sunlight shone on Katie's chestnut hair and honey eyes made her look like a goddess. Not to mention her former nature hating self was all over the place. After bonding with the green lion and being introduced to the beauty's of nature, she's been unstoppable. Plus seeing her tiny little self hop around reminded me of a baby bunny. So fluffy, adorable, and adventurous. I compare her more to a bunny rather than a deer, cause shes not very graceful. When she finds something she recognizes, she yells the name and goes on a tangent. She spits out so any facts, almost like a dictionary. I learn a lot from it though.

Lance on the other hand, looks more like a newborn deer. And not in a good way. He's so tall and stalky, tripping over everything. And Hunk reminds me of a concerned little mouse. He's convinced that every bug he comes across, or any little noise that he hears will harm him. Shiro, of course is just like an overprotective dad. Making sure no one trips and stays clear of dangerous areas. While also acting like a little kid. I don't blame him though, the man was abducted for years and then forced to fight in a galactic war. It's been a while since he was able to enjoy the pleasures of life and the beauty of nature. Bless his heart, he deserves all the happiness in the world. Especially since he took me in as a kid, and had to leave his fiancé just to come back to Earth to find out that he passed away. Plus having to go back to space literally hours after he just got back.

"Hey Mullet, you look pretty distracted. Is this about a certain green paladin", Lance asked as he wriggled ie eyebrows at me. As he was asking me this, he was walking backwards. "Lance, you might want to watch where you're going", here's seriously so dumb sometimes. We're on un level ground. Plus, none of us have explored these woods before. "Yeah whatever mullet, you're just trying to get me off your back". I tried to warn him, i did. But he's dense. Before he could say anything else, he tripped on a tree root and fell flat on his bottom. He let out loud groans of pain. "I tried to warn you Lance", I said as i stepped over his suffering body.

     Katie turned around to see what all the commotion was about. "Just gonna leave him there Keith?" Why not, he's annoying. "He deserves it", I grumbled. "I dont blame you", she agreed as she continued to walk beside me. Suddenly we hear Shiro yell, "What have i told you about consequences Lance. We've talked about this". Katie and i started snickering uncontrollably. So much so to the point that we were leaning on each other to hold ourselves upright. Not even a minute later we were crying and coughing from laughing so hard. Eventually we had to sit down, her head leaning on my shoulder, and my head on hers as we tried to regulate our breathing. Lance was fuming when he saw us. "Seriously guys, it wasn't even that funny", his face was so red. That doesn't mean i didn't notice the soft smile on his face when he saw Pidge and I sitting together.

After that little fiasco, we finally calmed down enough to continue our exploration. And hopefully to get Lance an ice pack. We found ourselves at a beautiful clearing ending on a cliff. Grape Hyacinth, Lavender, Lilly of the valley, Daisies, Chrysanthemums, and Forget-Me-Nots flooded the blades of dark green grass. I found myself being pulled to the cliff side. Like a string was ted to my waist. That's not the best part though. Pidge was the same way. Slowly walking to the edge, side by side. Stuck in a daze. I saw Shiro wave the others off. Telling them we would catch up. He winked at me before he rounded te corner ut of sight.

     Neither Pidge nor I said a single word. We sat beside each other. Slowly intertwining our hands and gazing into each others eyes. We moved our gaze to the beautiful scenery in front of us. Our breathing seemed to sinc. Every breath we took felt like we were connected. To each other a to the Earth. I watched as the breeze ever so gently danced upon Katie's skin, and brushed agains her hair. My breath hitched in m throat. I cleared my throat. "We should probably get going, we still have to find Lance an ice pack for his bum". "I almost forgot about that, it seems like i forget about a lot of things when were together", she smiled so gently at me. I smiled back. Before i could process her words, she kissed me on the cheek and ran to catch up with the others. My face had to be matching Red right now. I guess sitting here for a few more minutes wont hurt anything.