Instigators (part 1)

.....Lance's POV.....

I have no idea how no one else has noticed, but Keith seems more emo than usual. It may have to do with the fact that i grew a bit closer to him than the others, but oh well. Ever since we've met up again as a team, he seems very off. Well, weirder than usual. He's always been closed off and cold, but that started to change when we were in space. We all know that behind his very stoic demeanor, he's actually a really nice guy who cares a lot about others. He just has a really hard time regulating his emotions. So instead he puts on a tough guy act. I thought we had gotten somewhere with him. Before we came back to Earth, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that we cracked his shell at least an inch. We got to see some great sides of him that nobody has ever seen. But since we've all been at my house, he's seemed really closed off. You can obviously tell that he's masking something. And I'm gonna make sure i figure out what it is. That is now m goal for the summer, I'm gonna make Keith open up even more. He needs to know that he has people he can rely on and talk to.

............Tiiiimmee skkiiipp..............

I've decided that I'm gonna take everyone to the beautiful beaches of Cuba. What better way to bond than seeing the beautiful coral reefs, boating, and swimming. Granted it will take a while to get there, but it's worth it. Right now everyone was hanging out on the back porch, talking, drinking beverages, and watching the livestock while we were surround by twinkling fairy lights. I finally put them up much to Pidge's request. It was around eight at night, so i might as well tell them now so we can leave early tomorrow morning. I decided to make a toast, much like the dramatic person I am. I clinked my spoon on my glass.

"Attention gays, gals, and non binary pals, and hunk. There is a beautiful beach a few hours from here. We can leave early in the morning if everyone wants to go", that earned a resounding yes from a few people, and a head nod from Keith. "Alright, if we pack now and go to bed soon after, we should make it by noon tomorrow. Hunk, would you please help me prepare a picnic for us?".

And with that, everyone else scrounged around to get packed and ready for bed while Hunk helped me make food for tomorrow. I've decided that ill grab Coals for the grill and dries before i settle down for the night. And who better to take with me than Keith, cause why not. Maybe i can get him to talk. I left Hunk in the kitchen and walked around the house to find Keith. Soon enough i found him outside in the hammock, he seems to like it there. It sits on a slight hill, overlooking the field of cattle, and Alluras field.

"Hey buddy, would you. Mind running to the store with me so we can grab a few things for tomorrow? I will warn you though that it takes atleast half an hour to get to the nearest super store", he slowly looked over and sent me a soft smile. "Sure, I'm not doing anything right now. I could use a break from so many people", he slowly got up and followed me to my truck. We too the long drive and finally got to the store.

"So Keith, you seem very quiet today, anything bothering you?", what better way to break the ice than to be straight forward. It always seems to work with him.

" I don't know man. I feel like i should be ecstatic hat were all finally together again, but my mind just keeps racing. It seems like now that I can settle down, and enjoy my life for once, my brain wants to remind me of every bad thing that i have ever wet through. It's driving me crazy. I wanna enjoy my time, and not be so depressed and 'emo', but its like there an internal battle appending in my brain every day. I've been able to ignore it for years since i was always busy, but now that i don't have to be fighting for my life, everything has caught up with me". Whoa, that was a lot. I knew it would work though. We were making our way to the camping isle when i grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into a hug. I squeezed him so tight. I knew he had his issues, we've talked about it before, many times. But I didn't know it had gotten this bad. He must've really needed that hug cause he broke down as soon as I touched him.