Barflies (Carl/Lenny)

Lenny's Pov:

It's a typical day for me. I just woke up to my alarm and a text from carl.

Text Thread

Carl♡: Lenny, the guys want to meet at moe's after work do you wanna get dinner before we go

Lenny: sure

Carl♡: cool be ready for work in 10 i'm on my way

Carl and I carpool to work everyday. We switch who drives each week. It's his week to drive. I get ready for work and wait till Carl says he's here.

Text Thread

Carl♡:im here

Lenny: ok i'm on my way out.

I head down to carl. As I'm leaving my apartment I see Carl's car.I get in.

Carl: ready for work

Lenny: ready as ill ever be.

Carl: well i got you some coffee how ya like it so hope that helps

Lenny: thanks Carl

Carl: no problem

The drive to the plant is quirt except for the radio.im too anxious ill say something stupid.We pull into the plant parking lot and punch in. we head to the break room to grab a doughnut for breakfast. I get one and head to my work station.

As the day goes by i think of carl and if i should tell him how i feel.

Lenny's imagination

We're sitting across from each other at dinner and Carl looks so nice. The food arrives at our table and i begin to speak. "Carl, I need to tell you something." I say in a shaky voice. "What's that? '' Carl responds. '' um well we've known each other so long that I don't want this to ruin our friendship but it's very important to me" I start, '' Carl you've been there for me in the highs lows and everything in between. And throughout all of it I've grown feelings for you feeling I can't control anymore... Carl I Love You." ...... He pauses a moment before he sets his fork down. " Lenny you are on sick bastard I cant believe you and i know that you think i could have the same feelings for you well I don't so fuck you I hope you burn in hell!" he yelled at me, before storming out.

Reality

No, I can't tell him I won't let that happen to us.

I look at the clock and see it's almost time for lunch and Carl stops in to see me before lunch. I grab my phone and check my face. I have tears staining my face. I try to fix it so it doesn't look like I've been crying.

Carl: Ready for lunch

Lenny: yeah, one sec

Carl: I'll see you in there then

He leaves. I'm alone but I don't really want to eat but I know I have to.I head down to the cafeteria.

I get my lunch and sit with Homer and carl.i try to eat slowly but not slowly enough that the guys notice.Lunch is finally over and I walk back to my work station, and work out my day till we can punch out.

Finally the whistle blows and it's time to go have dinner then go to moes.carl is waiting for me outside my station,so we walk to punch out together.we get in carl's car and drive to a random food place.we order and carl starts in.

Carl:Lenny i know you've been avoiding me more than usual what's going on

Lenny: nothing i promise