Reconciliation (Moe/Maya)

A/N: I just want to clarify that I know Moe doesn't live above his bar, but I wrote this as if his bar is like those old-timeyish stores or restaurants that have an apartment type thing above them. I hope this helps as you read, I hope you enjoy this.ღ

Maya POV:

I can't believe I finally did it. I just broke up with my toxic as hell boyfriend. We hadn't been together all that long, but I just couldn't stand to take another minute with that man. And if I'm honest being with him made me miss how well Moe treated me I mean yeah he said some really hurtful things but he was truly remorseful and I could see him trying to be a better man for me but I was deeply hurt and I don't know how to feel about it all.one thing i do know for sure is Moe loved me and he did his best to show it and he never intentionally hurt me, so maybe we could've worked it out, thinking of Moe I have to drive past his bar to get home. Oh, great I'm out of gas and my car is about to break down, well I guess I have no other choice the only place that's open and close right now is Moe's bar. Here goes nothing, I guess.

Moe POV:

It's been almost a year since Maya, and I broke up and I can't help but think of her tonight. I mean I always think of her but somehow tonight feels different. And of course, I feel like a piece of sh*t any time I think of how much I hurt her I regret it of course, but maybe I'll be able to find someone who can love me. Anyhow it late and I have to close soon so I might as well start doing some light cleaning up. 

Maya: hello um my car just broke down and I need some help

Moe: alright one minute I-, Maya?!

Maya: yeah, it's me Moe

Moe: you said you needed help with your car if you want i would be willing to help move it in my parking lot cause I don't think any where is open to help with that right now

Maya: alright I guess but I don't have anywhere to stay then

Moe: you can stay here I have an apartment above the bar if you're comfortable with that

Maya: that will work for tonight

Moe: great let's move your car and I'll show you up

Maya: ok

20 minutes later

Moe: alright that should be good for tonight let me show you to my apartment

Maya: thank you for helping me Moe I really appreciate it

Moe: It's no problem, here's the stairs up to the apartment.

Moe: and this is the apartment it's not much but then again, I live alone

Maya: I think it's quite charming. Um I don't have any clothes to wear to sleep

Moe: if you want you can borrow some of mine and if you're comfortable you can take my room tonight, I'm good with the couch

Maya: are you sure i wo-

Moe: I promise it's no problem

Maya: alright then

Moe: great let me show you the shower and I'll get you something to wear

Maya: thank you again Moe

Moe: your welcome

Maya POV:

Moe has been such a gentleman this whole time it's so nice to feel someone truly care about me again, I really missed this maybe I should forgive him instead of holding it against him. I have really missed him, and I don't even think I'm totally over him. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning.

Moe POV:

I can't believe my luck that maya would be the one to come into my bar tonight. I hope that she's able to forgive me and that at the least we could be friends even if I'm madly in love with her.

2:45 am

Maya POV:

I wake up with tears streaming down my face. I had a nightmare that my ex that I had just broken up with had found me and oh I can't describe it. It was truly horrible though. I need to get some water and calm down.

I quietly slip out of bed and slowly walk to Moes' kitchen to get some water.im trying not to wake Moe because I don't want to explain my ex to him and potentially have him worry about me. Though I don't really think he'd care anymore.

I make it to the kitchen and open his fridge to see if he has any bottled water, as I reach out for the handle, I hear sounds coming from Moes' couch. I hope he's just readjusting. I open the fridge as quietly as I can.

Moe: maya is that youse

Maya: maybe

Moe: what are youse doing up so late

Maya: um I do you really want to know

Moe: I mean yeah but if youse don't wanna tell me then that's fine

Maya: alright I'll tell you, but can we go sit on the couch first

Moe: alright

Moe: now will youse please tell me

Maya: ok let me start at the beginning, so after we broke up, I started seeing this guy not like right after maybe like a month or so. Anyway, it started off fine, but it got really bad and i wasn't happy at all so yesterday I broke up with him because I couldn't take anymore. And I had also been having really bad nightmares of him doing um bad things to me to say the least. I had one of those tonight.

Moe: Maya I don't really know what to say but I'm so sorry.

Maya: it's not your fault Moe besides were not even friends you don't have to care

Moe: but I do care I mean I care for people I love and you're no exception

Maya: Wait, you love me?

Moe: well yeah of course I do I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable i didn't mean to say it but it's true.

Maya: no Moe it's just I don't think I'm over you and I want to give you a second chance because I see your remorse for hurting me and you never did it intentionally.

Moe: so, what does this mean for us

Maya: if you'll have me, I want to be your girlfriend again

Moe: are you sure I mean you just bro-

Maya POV:

I couldn't help it. I just had an overwhelming desire to kiss him. He's just so sweet when he cares. I missed that. And yes, I do truly want to be with the man again and forever.

Maya: sorry Moe but yes, I want to be with you

Moe: then maya will you let me sleep with you to keep you safe from the nightmares

Maya: of course, Moe lets go

Moe: good night, Maya I love you

Maya: good night, Moe I love you too

General POV:

Moe and maya were happily boyfriend and girlfriend for 3 years before they became husband and wife, and they were the happies couple ever Maya's ex was "taken care of" by Moe and she never had to worry about him again. Moe always took care of Maya and was the happiest he'd ever been.