Leaving The Landing

I looked away as Aleru rose from the bed, her beautiful figure drawing my eyes. She soon took note and blushed.

"Look away or get out." She said in response to me, her voice relaying a flustered state. She had went over to her wardrobe and began to pull out some articles of clothing.

"Sorry sorry " I said throwing his hands up in mock surrender. Turning away from her, I heard her light gown hit the floor.

Damn hearing.

Jasmine stood still. Like a doll propped up on a shelf. Her eyes had a eerily glassed over look. Her grey eyes wide and expressive.

The quaesitor, whom Jasmine had informed me she'd named Yves, was on my shoulder now. Sitting calmly.

"What did you come here to do Jasmine?" Aleru spoke as she came to my side. Now dressed in the traveling garbs she'd acquired when we arrived here. A olive green light coat was button up to the middle of her chest. Her pants were of a similar shade and hugged her form well. A few pouches of herbs hung from her waist in small ruckbags.

She had a sweet smell, her hair was now in a fringed ponytail.

"I was tasked with bringing him to my family. Some of the staunchest opposition to your father still remaining." Jasmine responded. Now that I was closer to her, weird lines decorated her face. Two going down from her eyes to her lips. More from the ends of her mouth down under her chin.

"What happened to the rest?" I asked, extending my arm so that Yves could leap and return to his caretaker. He seemed happy nesting on her head.

"I'll explain to you on the way. We must make our departure. "  She responded, her voice still sounding jovial. She turned, exiting the room and now standing in the hall.

Aleru had gathered her stuff and had her travel bag ready on her back.

Following her lead, I entered the hall. The inn was dead at this time as there was no raucous banter down below us.

Realizing I had to get my stuff from the room, I crossed the hall. Sliding the key into the lock, before turning and pushing I entered.

The only things of import were the silver crowns I would use to pay the keeper and a single vial of ichor.

Quickly pocketing the money I looked over the vial. It smell alluring to my eyes and nose.

"So where are we headed?" I said over my shoulder, sliding the vial away. The light shone through the opened window lighting the room ambiently.

"My home, located on the outskirts of gladiatorial City of Ankus. " came Jasmine jovial reply.

I'd heard of Ankus, been through the town a few times on hunts. Stopping for supplies. The town radiating a oppressive and deathly air.

Seemingly the only beings who inhabited the place were the gladiators, if even not for long. Cart loads constantly brought and walked in. Races mingling without consent.

"That's a few days from here. Walking that is. Don't suppose you have a better way of traveling there?" Aleru said, her voice tinted in an unfamiliar tone.

Jasmine smiled. Her eyes closed. Her stark white teeth exposed.

Leaving the room. I locked the door. Nodding towards the odd girl. She began to walk down the long hall to the stair well. Me and Aleru followed close behind, exchanging a skeptical look with one another.

Reaching the bottom of the steps, I looked for the inn keeper. Richard was his name if I remember correctly. Walking towards him, I layed down my key and Aleru did the same with her's.