On The Path

The slumber I  had experienced that night was the most peaceful and warm I'd ever felt. The suns beams compared little to my sleeping friends. A soft kindness radiated from Aleru, her face peaceful as she breathed slowly. We slept face to face, as to avoid the awkwardness of spooning. I mistakenly allowed my gaze to drop from her beautiful face to her neck below. Her cleavage was also visible, but I didn't allow my self to look.

My eyes subconsciously saw through her skin and showed me her fresh flowing blood. I bit my lip and forced my eyes shut, stopping my eyes from invading her body any further.

I felt repulsed with myself whenever I allowed myself to look at Aleru in that way. Her blood wasn't for me or anyone. She had agreed to my request, but spent a few minutes flustered and with her cheeks tinted rose. We spent the first few minutes in silence, but as I fell into slumber again I felt her hand grab mine. As I awoke I found our hands still entangled.

Slowly pulled myself up from her bed, I reluctantly released her hand and swung my legs off the side of the bed.

The wood creaked as I touched down, and I noticed Aleru shuffle slightly but her eyes remained closed. I continued taking tentative steps towards where I hung my jacket the previous night. My boots sat by the door next to hers.

Aleru also had a mirror that hung on the wall adjacent to her bed. Stepping into its view I looked over myself.

My jacket, a long leather coat that reached passsed my knees was clean and well maintained. On the right shoulder sat the only identification of my mother. A Symbol of a Bloodbeast. It's was the only thing left with me when I was discarded at the orphanage. The symbol being the signet of The Blut Kingdom.

I had encountered many people who seemed repulsed by the mark and even a few who sought to bring me to what they called "my home." Some members of the kingdom had appeared to me occasionally and tried to bring me to their land. The main reason I rejected them was because I could care less about them and how they looked with Aleru with disgust. They never returned to their homes after that.

I kept the patch on me as a way to feel identifiable to my mother if I ever came across her.

Under the coat I wore a simple black shirt that kept me comfortable enough. My tar black hair rested untidily on my head, as my eyes reflecting in all their mismatched glory. The pants I wore had many cut and marks adorning them, markers of past conflicts that showed I would need to change the out soon enough.

I turned from the mirror to the left, and resumed my journey. As I bent down to grab and slide my feet into the boots, I heard a yawn that originated from the bed.

Aleru now sat upright, wiping the blurriness from her vision and looking to me. She wore a slim fit black sleeping gown. She forced me to look away while she had changed when we returned. Luckily enough she did, as I probably would have been coerced by my curiosity to look. It hugged her slim but fit frame perfectly.

"Morning Urieus" she said drowsily as she kept her gaze upon me. She yawned as she finished.

"Morning Al" I responded with a smile, the boots had made their way onto my feet.

"Assuming from the fact that you didn't wake me, I assume He didn't return?" She said curiously. She repeatedly emphasized that she only accepted due to me describing that her presence reduced or completely negated the effects effect of pain I felt from any encounter with my father.

"Yea that was blissful, definitely beats waking up with holes in my body" I said sarcastically, with a small smile to Aleru.

Her smile beamed as did a slight blush.