~Chapter 4~

(Key-

a/n : accessory name)

It took a while for me to recover from my shyness, saying a quiet "hello" every now and again to either Sonic, or the two humans the group were with. It was strange how I went from hiding behind bushes to greeting people in a matter of hours.

"Ok, so me and Sonic are going to go get some Chilli Dogs for you," Tails soon spoke to me, "Do you mind staying here in the lounge for a while whilst we're away?"

I nodded slowly, and said a quiet goodbye to the two of them. I sat on the nearest chair, but soon realised that Knuckles was with me.

Well this is awkward...

"Um... h-hey," I tried to speak, attempting to make conversation with him.

All he did, however, was look at me, not a single word coming out of his mouth. I sighed, and tried to relax, but the uncomfortable silence was too unbearable.

But, finally, Knuckles broke the silence, looking at me with a bored glare.

"So your name's y/n, huh?" He spoke.

I nodded, glad that he finally started talking.

"Ok then," he continued, "Um... where are you from?"

I paused for a little while before giving my reply.

"I came from across the galaxy..."

"So like Tails?"

"I-I guess..."

There was, yet again, an uncomfortable silence before Knuckles spoke once again.

"Well, um, it's nice to meet you... y/n. Also, I like your a/n, it suits you,"

As soon as he said that, I could feel my face turning bright pink.

"T-thanks," I stuttered, looking away shyly.

Suddenly, the door opened, and both Tails' and Sonic's loud and energetic voices arrived, interrupting the quiet atmosphere.

I sighed, getting up from my seat to quietly investigate whatever the two of them had got. But as I walked past Knuckles, I could feel his eyes on me, but not in a creepy way.

Something is definitely going on, but I guess I feel fine with it... I think...

For the rest of the night, the four of us were talking, eating, doing 'karaoke', and other things that I never thought I'd ever do. The three others have really opened up to me, and made me feel... welcome. Not hated, as I originally thought I would be.

My eyes eventually felt heavy, and in no time I began to drift to sleep, but for once I felt comfortable.

It was weird, but I could definitely get used to it.

(Hi, hope you enjoyed! Also tysm for 400 views so far!)