~Chapter 5~

I woke up at 5am the next morning, immediately trying to leave the house as quickly as possible. It seemed like everyone was still asleep however, so I didn't need to rush as much as I would've. I stepped out of the front door, and was slowly wandering across the driveway, before a voice behind me stopped me in my tracks. It was Knuckles, I could recognise his dark voice instantly.

"Hey, you're leaving soon, aren't you?" He spoke, with a subtle calmness.

I turned around and saw him standing in the doorway. I blushed, and replied quickly.

"I-I'm used to being out in the open, so I'm returning to my makeshift home for the time-being,"

Knuckles nodded.

"But... don't you want to stay here longer? I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind..."

I paused. However much I wanted to stay with everyone, I had to get back to my hideout.

"I'm sorry, I have to get back..."

I ran away before Knuckles could speak anymore. He stayed in the doorway for a while before going back inside, pretending that none of that had happened...

~Later on~

I sat behind my usual bush, expecting the group to come to the area. But, which I thought was weird, I didn't want to see Knuckles. Not because he'd done something wrong or anything, but because of how he made me feel. It's... weird, I don't like these strange feelings. Mainly because I've never felt like this before. The tingling feeling in my chest, the way I listen to him better than to the rest, it was so weird...

Oh well, maybe if I have another nap, all these feelings will go away, and won't bother me anymore.

(sorry the chapter is so short! I'll try to make up for it!!)