~Chapter 7~

"Oh, hello," Knuckles spoke, realising that I saw him.

"Hi?" I replied.

I'm still confused... Why is he here?

"Well... ok, I'm sorry for my sudden intrusion-"

"It's fine, don't worry about it," I interrupted.

Knuckles smiled, but soon turned back to his serious expression as he continued talking.

"... I was wondering if you, err... wanted me to take you on a tour of Green Hill?"

I was even more surprised than before. Knuckles, the reserved and tough one of the group, wanted to take me on a light-hearted tour of the area?

He's so... sweet.

"Yeah, ok!" I agreed, watching his eyes light up.

"Ok! Then shall we get going then?"

We walked around the area in peace, barely talking to each other. I know it was supposed to be a 'tour', but we were both enjoying the wonderful, quiet atmosphere. Plus, the surroundings were amazing. We reached the top of a cliff edge, and sat near the end, watching the scarlet-amber sunset disappearing behind the horizon. It was a truly breath-taking sight...

"So... I guess that concludes our tour? We can head back to the house whenever you'd like..." Knuckles spoke over the silence.

I smiled.

"Thanks. I'd like to stay for a while, if that's ok with you-"

"It's fine, I don't mind,"

Yet again we sat in utter silence. I looked over at Knuckles, and stared at him for a while. The glowing aura from the sunset perfectly complemented his crimson colour. His purple eyes gazed calmly out on the surrounding area. I have to admit, he looks so peaceful... so amazing...

"Y/n, are you alright?" Knuckles unexpectedly asked, his eyes still looking at the sunset.

I blushed deeply, and directed my attention to the sunset. I wasn't expecting him to see me staring at him...

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I muttered in reply.

Suddenly, I felt a large, gloved hand touch mine gently. I looked at where my hand was, and realised that Knuckles had placed his hand on top of mine. He didn't seem to make a deal out of it though, as he had his head turned away in what seemed like a shy manner.

My heart... it's beating so quickly...

Suddenly, just as there was peace and serenity, a voice could be heard behind us.

"Ohh, well hello lovebirds!"

I recognised the voice almost instantly. It was Sonic, of course it was Sonic...