~Chapter 8~

Knuckles immediately acknowledged Sonic, and took his hand off of mine whilst standing up. I decided stood up as well, but didn't say anything, instead standing beside Knuckles awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" Knuckles asked Sonic.

"I just wanted to see if you guys were alright! But maybe I was interrupting something important~"

I blushed deeply, and looked at Knuckles, who just sighed in slight annoyance.

"Could you just... leave, please?" Knuckles muttered.

"Why, of course! See ya!"

And just like that, he was off, a blur of electric blue speeding off in the direction of the house. That hedgehog is ridiculous...

Knuckles turned to me and spoke.

"Should we head back?"

"Maybe..."

Knuckles began walking, so I quickly followed after him, trying to keep up with his pace.

As we were walking back, I would occasionally look at Knuckles' face, which seemed agitated yet peaceful. I could feel a knot in my stomach again, and my face getting warmer and warmer with each glance I took. I thought these strange feelings would've gone away by now? Should I tell Knuckles about what's going on?

No... no I can't...

In no time at all, we arrived back at the house. We stood in the driveway in silence, but Knuckles finally spoke up.

"Umm... I hope the tour was ok..." He muttered.

It was obvious he was nervous about my thoughts on the tour, and honestly, it was cute.

"It was great, thank you. I should probably get going now though..." I replied.

Knuckles smiled slightly, and walked towards the house. We both said our goodbyes, and parted.

Later on, I sat behind my usual bush, daydreaming way more than usual. It was all about what happened on the cliff edge earlier... I looked at the hand Knuckles had placed his hand on top of, and began to question everything that had happened.

What did that gesture mean? Surely it couldn't have meant anything big... right?

I began feeling sleepy, and within no time, I fell asleep. It was cold that night, but I guess I didn't mind so much...

(hope you enjoyed! Also tysm for 1K reads, I really appreciate it :D)