Chapter 10

The next day

Y/n's pov

School

Yesterday was such a cluster fuck that even Komi-san is having mood swings.

She's probably angry, and I'm not the only one who noticed.

Hito-san:"Ko-Komi-san...?"

Komi-san:*I have something to talk to you, Y/n. Will you come with me?*

She's definitely angry.

Hallway

Y/n:"What was it you wanted to talk about?"

She wrote using the wall as a base, obviously unsure of how to word whatever she wanted to say.

Komi-san:*Is it really fine that I am friends with you L/n-kun?*

Y/n:"Uhh, I think so? Why?"

Komi-san:*You went through quite the ordeal yesterday.*

Y/n:"Yeah, pretty much sums it up."

Komi-san:*Yamai-san said she kidnapped you for my sake. This is what Yamai-san said.*

She then flipped the page to show a full analysis on yesterday.

She remembered, wrote and even tried to understand everything said yesterday, that's kinda cool to be honest.

Komi-san:*In other words, it is my "fault" that L/n-kun wound up in such a dangerous situation.*

Y/n:"Eh, I wouldn't go so far as calling it your fau-"

Komi-san:*It is!* she said (wrote) extremely fast.

Y/n:"Jeez! Okay, calm down."

Komi-san:"What if L/n-kun stayed confined there? What if something even worse happened? What if something happens again? All because of me. That is why...*

Komi-san:*That is why i think it is better if we weren't friends, L/n-kun.* hiding behind the notebook.

Y/n:"...I see. Yeah, I get it. But, um, here's the thing... My friends, I will decide them myself."

...
...
...

Y/n:"Y'know what? That was cringe, let me rephrase it."

I approached Komi.

Y/n:"Look, Komi-san. All the things you said could happen, are just 'what ifs', theories. They can happen, they probably won't, but if they do, we just have to deal with them when we get there. That's why, at least for now, I'd love to still be your friend..."

I ended with a headpat, making Komi blush.

She then went back to writing.

Komi-san:*I apologize*

For what?

Komi-san:"...A,"

A,"