Chapter 12: Feast and the first night

Freya's POV
Loki and I had our previous hair ornaments removed and we were crowned before being led to a grand dining hall. The crowns were supposed to be a wedding gift from Odin.

(A/N: Sorry I couldn't find any matching emerald crowns😢)

Loki and I sat side by side on Odin's left as he sat in the middle of the head table (A/N: Think of the dining hall in Harry Potter and they're sitting at the teacher's table) while Thor and Frigga sat to his right. Loki and Frigga were closest to Odin. Sif and the warriors three sat at a table close enough to us to hear our conversation and Sif would shoot me smiles that made me relax slightly.

I watched as everyone got seated before they walked either by themselves or with their spouses to congratulate Loki and I and offered gifts which we both gratefully accepted with smiles. The only reason why I hadn't run to Loki's room crying yet is because Loki still held my hand and offered me some comfort and grounding. I reminded myself that Odin was here and he would not be pleased if I were to cause a scene which would definitely lead to a punishment. Without my magic I'm fairly useless.

Now I can land a punch without breaking my hand and I can somewhat defend myself against an attack, but still much weaker than Odin is despite his age. He is an Asgardian after all.

So for now I will play the dutiful wife and daughter-in-law while in public, and when I'm alone I can break down. 'Be strong Freya. You can do this. It's just a couple hours of smiling and saying thank you' I silently encouraged myself. I was broken from my thoughts however when Frigga left her seat and approached me. I looked at her in confusion and asked "My queen? Is everything alright?" Frigga smiled and said "Yes, dear, everything is just fine. I merely wanted to give my new daughter a gift" she then offered me a tiny bundle wrapped in what appeared to be a red animal skin cloth.

I tenderly accepted it and slowly unwrapped only to gasp in surprise at what I saw and crimson flooded my cheeks.

It was a baby rattle. I stammered as my face heated up at the implications "M-my queen—?!" "It's mother now, dear. Since you and Loki are married now it's only a matter of time before you have little ones running around. This belonged to Thor and Loki when they were children, I would like your children to have it now" Loki's face match mine in a crimson flush.