Chapter 14: The wrath of Stephen Strange

(A/n): Loki's outfit for the chapter ⬆️

Loki's POV
I watched as Freya shuffled out of the meeting room following the directions of 'JARVIS' a disembodied voice that seemed to not only inhabit the tower but was also a part of it.

The night before I had heard her crying for most of the night. I didn't blame her for her reaction and I was proud of how she kept it all in before she broke down once she suspected that I had fallen asleep and she was alone. I felt nothing but guilt and regret as I had forced this poor girl to marry me. She was only 17! She was still a child!

I then remember the words she had said to me before "I actually thought that we could be friends,but I now believe that it's impossible for us to be friends."

My thoughts were interrupted by The magician that was my wife's teacher "What did you do to my student" he spat out hatefully making Thor come to my aid "My brother did nothing, it was unfortunately our father that did this" I closed my eyes and sighed "Odin arranged for me to marry a Midgardian woman as another part of my punishment, and since Freya was there...."

Silence followed making me look up to see the stunned and horrified faces of earth's mightiest heroes and a very enraged Doctor. Strange stood up and stormed over to me roughly grabbing my long leather gilet and stood me up from my seat "Do you mean to tell me that you married my underaged student?!" He roared in my face both startling me and confusing me 'How old is Freya?' Before I could respond however Strange punched me in the face 'I kinda deserved that.....'

Everyone leaped up and separated us being sure to get between us to ensure that a fight wouldn't break out "Freya is 17 1/2 years old she'll be 18 next month, so the age isn't really a big deal. The consent, however, is the real issue here, Strange" Fury said, and some of the others nodded while Barton and the Captain still seemed iffy about the whole situation. Strange suddenly yelled out "She's still a child! She shouldn't have to think about marriage until she's at least 24! And I know for a fact that she would never agree to marry this bastard!" He struggled against Stark, Barton, and the Captain's hold while the Widow and Hill hovered around them.

The Widow appeared to be reaching for a tranquilizer. Banner had left the room after hearing the news perhaps to keep that creature inside of him locked away. Thor helped me off the ground and stood between Strange and I. Another male walked in and saw the situation. He looked at us questioningly and said "Strange? I got your call. What's going on?" Strange venomously answered "Loki forced Freya to marry him!" The man's eyes widened "What?!"

After calming Strange and the other male down and re-explaining the situation, everyone took a seat and Fury turned to Thor and asked "Did Freya even agree to this? What's the full story?" Thor seemed uncomfortable as he spoke "Odin wanted to punish Loki and make him miserable and repentant, he believes that Loki hates Midgardians and decided that the best way to make him miserable was to force him to marry one. He saw Freya in the room and decided that she would be the best option. It didn't matter how much everyone protested he made up his mind, and knowing that if they didn't obey there would be dire consequences so Loki and Freya submitted to his demands. Now Freya is his wife and keeper until further notice..."

Everyone frowned and Steve asked "So when is he expecting this wedding to take place?" I answered despite my sore jaw and eye "We were married last night" Strange's eyes bulged and he abruptly stood up knocking his seat over in the process and yelled once more as Wong held him back from lunging at me "Last night?! You monster! Why weren't we told about this until now?! I swear if you touched her-!" I interrupted him and said "Our marriage is a farce to appease Odin. When we are with him we will be the loving couple he wants, but when he is not here we will have a cordial coworker relationship and that is all. Please, Doctor, keep your mind out of the gutter."