little story.

Y/N's POV

I've been missing Kehlani a little extra lately. We didn't leave off on bad terms or anything like that, and I'm glad it was that way, but something in me just can't seem to feel the way I was when we were together.

The reason why we split up is because our lives were all over the place, she was always working, whether that was singing, directing, editing, and the plethora of things that she does, she was working. I was on the road. Then it'd be a whole reverse, she was on the road and I was working.

We barely saw each other and when we did, we were so worn out that we would barely communicate. We both decided that it would be best for us to "move on", but I can't do that.

I have been doing well on my own, but it's certain things that remind me of her, remind me of us.

I still follow her on socials, so I see a lot of what she's been doing, she just recently broke up with her girlfriend. They weren't together very long, anyway.

We've talked from time and we just talked last night, we made plans for me to come over and visit tomorrow. Really a catch up.

I'm not nervous or anything, because I know her. All these little details, all these interests, all the dislikes. The love, the hate, the feelings, I just know her.

I do plan on speaking my mind when we get some alone time because I know that her friends will be there.

Besides all of that, I really can't wait to see her, it's been a while, well to me, at least.

...

It's the next day and I'm getting ready to head over to Kehlani's house. She said I don't gotta being nothing cause she knows how I am, so I didn't cook anything beforehand.

I just told her I'm heading over soon, she should be expecting me anytime soon.

...

I got into my car and started making my way to her house.

I turned on the radio and Naughty Girl by Beyoncé was playing. I like to think that we're best friends since she posted me on her website.

I got to the red light and saw I had gotten a text from Destin saying that Keh had left to go get something so she might not be there when I get there. That's more than okay because I need to prepare myself a little bit before actually seeing her.

I know I said that I wasn't nervous, and I'm not, it's just exciting see my lover, well my soulmate again.

...

I pulled up in the parking lot and looked in the mirror one more time then got out.

I saw that her car wasn't there, so I had time to prepare myself.

I walked to the door and knocked.

"Who is it?" I heard Destin ask from the other side.

"Y/n/n."

"Oh shit." He quickly opened the door and gave me a big hug.

I hadn't seen him in so long, he's definitely a person I can rely on for anything.

"How you been?" He asked.

"Good, how bout you?"

"You know, I been alright. Could be better but I'm cool where I'm at."

"I want better, for you and me."

"Mhmm."

We pulled away from the hug and I sat on the couch next to him.