chapter two

SOUNDTRACK #3:
REASONS — Situation

SOLANA woke up in a quiet hotel room the next day. Even though she'd cried a thousand times before, she still ended up crying the night before. She cried herself to sleep and she was feeling the effects as soon as she opened her eyes. A light crust laid at the corners of her eyes and and small headache pounded on her right temple. She sat up in the bed, staring at the sunlight flooding over a piece of the room. From the sun's position she could tell that it was early and when she grabbed her phone, she confirmed it by looking at the time.

It was 7:00 in the morning. She only woke up early when she was sad. She could sleep the entire day away if you let her. It was like her body wanted her to sit in her sadness as long as she physically could. She needed to call her brother. He had stopped talking to her two years ago, because he didn't understand why she married Quest. But she was grown and she stuck to her decision.

Haven Walls had looked out for his baby sister, Solana, as long as she had been alive. Being five years her senior came with those responsibilities. It was hard for him to let go as she grew older and with her marrying Quest, it caused a lot of tension between the two siblings. Ultimately he decided that he couldn't watch his little sister be hurt by her own decisions and stepped away from their relationship. She hoped that he welcomed her back with open arms.

She wanted to text him now, knowing that he was more than likely up and moving around, but she was scared that her texts would go unanswered like her calls did, a year or so back. She decided to procrastinate some and get herself dressed. An hour and a half later she stood in front of the mirror in the room, rubbing lotion into her hands. A long shower and a face mask had done her some justice. She didn't look as if she was ran over anymore, rather she just looked a little tired. Her stomach grumbled, reminding her that she hadn't ate yet, but she had put off contacting Haven long enough.

She grabbed her phone and went to her message thread with her brother. It was riddled with her telling him that she loved him and missed him, wishing him a happy birthday for the past three years, and such.

SOLANA
Haven ik you might be mad at me still, but I left him. And I miss you so much and I just want my brother back.

She sent the message, chewing on her bottom lip as it said delivered under the message. She hoped that he took her seriously, this was the longest the two had been "mad" at each other. As much as she wanted to sit around and anxiously wait for Haven to text her back, she needed to eat. She decided to go get something to ease her nerves. She was sliding her feet in her orange crocs, filled with charms, when her phone rung. She grabbed it, her brother's contact name slid across the screen for a FaceTime call.

"Haven, I'm sorry!" She started crying as soon as she saw his face. Through her tears, she could see him frowning at her.

"Stop cryin' bug, before you make yourself sick. Wea you at?" He questioned her. He was already in the car, having made a few plays earlier that morning. She tried calming herself, still breathing hard with tears still sliding down her face.

"I-I'm at the Hilton, down-downtown." She stumbled over her words, face a slight reddish color, still crying.

"I'm on the way. Stop crying, nie. I ain't mad at chu Solo." He mumbled, phone sitting in his lap as he drove. Hearing her nickname that he had gave her years ago, made her smile.

"O-okay." She took a deep breath, hiccuping slightly.

"I luh you Solo. Be there in a minute bug." He said, the engine of his Redeye Hellcat could be heard in the background.