chapter four

SOUNDTRACK #9:
SiR — The Recipe

THE sun beamed into Gemini's bedroom as he laid in the bed with Solana. Her head laid on his stomach as the rest of her body laid horizontally across the bed. He rubbed the part of her body that wasn't covered by sheets as he scrolled on his phone.

Laying up with Solana would always be one of his favorite things to do and he had been doing it since they were both in high school. The past three years that she had been stuck on Quest Gaulden had been gruesome for Gemini. He had lost Sade to him — which now that he was older, he knew he never really had her in the first place — and it seemed as if he had lost Solana to him as well. It hurt his feelings that Solana would just leave him like that, but he had no one to blame but himself. Solana liked him back then and he liked her, but he was hell bent on being a hoe and he didn't want to hurt her. His mistake, but he would fix it now.

His phone ringing took him out of his trance and he reached over on his night stand to see that Haven was calling him.

"Wassup Wickman!" He answered the phone, quietly.

"Nigga what did you do?" Haven asked as soon as he heard Gemini answer the phone.

"What you talmbout?" Gemini asked, genuinely confused. He had been with Solana for the past two days so he hadn't did anything to his knowledge.

"Quest got a hit out on yo ass and called me." Haven spoke bluntly.

Haven was a hitman, plain and simple. A smart hitman because he rarely used guns unless necessary. It was usually overdoses, car accidents, freak accidents, etc. Anything that could be explained away without much notice. Nobody in the game knew what Haven looked like and he liked to keep it that way, less targets on his and Solana's back.

"I ain't did shit to the nigga. I ain't even spoke to folks since last month." Gemini explained, growing agitated.

"He got 5 milly on ya head right now. If I ain't love you like a brother, I'd been on the next flight out to rock ya shit." Haven laughed at his own joke.

"Ha ha nigga. Fuck you!" Gemini rolled his eyes. Solana sat up, having been woken by Gemini and Haven talking to one another. The covers fell from her body, showing off her naked glory. Gemini watched as she stretched and positioned herself to lay on top of him.

"Good morning Gem." She spoke in a raspy voice, sitting on the bottom of his stomach and laying down with her face in his neck.

"Morning bae." He mumbled, kissing her forehead.

"Bug up?" Haven questioned, hearing Gemini speaking to someone.

"Yea."

"Give her the phone." Haven told Gemini.

Gemini handed the phone to the half-sleep Solana who had her entire face pressed into his neck.

"Goodmorning Havo." Solana yawned out.

"Bug, yo husband trippin'." Haven bluntly spoke to his sister.

"What you mean?" Solana sat up, propping her head in her hand.

"He want me to kill Gemini."

"What the fuck?! Why?" Solana sat all the way up, having woken up when Haven told her that.

"I don't know, but you might wanna go talk to that nigga." Haven shrugged on the other side of the phone.

Haven knew why Quest came to him to kill Gemini. It was going to be a clean, seamless kill if it was anyone else. It wouldn't cause any problems for Quest to come in and continue to push product through the Midwest after appointing someone new as his right hand. Smart idea, but wrong killer. Haven and Gemini were best friends and it didn't help that Haven was basically in love with Gemini's older sister, Leo.