pretty like the ocean

jeongguk is on vacation for 6 weeks at his grandparent's beach house. he just arrived today and it is 2 am already when he can't fall asleep and decides to go outside. the first thing he sees when he steps outside is the ocean, looking beautiful as always, the sound of the waves crashing bringing him comfort along with the perfect weather of the warm summer night.

he is about to sit down on the sand, right where the waves would reach his feet, but he frowns when he hears a sound. the sound of someone crying. there is no one in sight when he looks around so he frowns even harder.

"hello?", he asks. but instead of receiving an answer, the crying stops.

he starts walking, searching for whoever was just crying, wanting to make sure he hasn't lost his mind.

that's when he sees a figure behind a rock, trying to get up but a cry of pain leaving them as they drop to the ground again.

"hello? is everything alright? are you hurt?", he asks the person who he assumes to be a boy because of the hair, but he can't see his face since his back is turned towards him.

"g-go away cruel human!"

cruel human?

jeongguk is beyond confused.

but he frowns again when he realizes that the boy is completely naked, eyes widening.

"wait here, i'll be right back.", he says, assuming that the other has no choice than to wait anyway since he obviously can't walk for some reason. he quickly runs back to the house and then into his room. he takes something out of his wardrobe. boxers, shorts and a t-shirt.

he makes his way back to the boy.

"i brought you clothes."

"c-clothes? is that something to eat?"

jeongguk frowns.

he must be fucking kidding right now. there is no way he doesn't know what clothes are.

"something to wear. here.", he says, coming closer, but turning his head away so he would give the other boy his privacy.

the boy on the ground had turned around completely now, another cry escaping his lips because of his hurting ankle. yet he doesn't even know what an ankle is. only that it hurts, causing him a huge feeling of discomfort.

"h-how do i put that on? it's so much.", he asks.

is he mental?

"um.. first you put on the boxers. you know.. the smallest clothing i gave you.", he explains.

"what are the holes for?"

"for your thighs."

"what are thighs?"

"are you being serious right now?"

jeongguk regrets that he snapped at the boy like that when the next thing he hears is how he starts to cry.

maybe he is mental.

"h-hey, i'm sorry. i would turn around and help you but i don't think you want me to see your private parts."

"my private parts?"

"y-yeah. that thing between your thighs for example.", jeongguk mumbles, feeling unbelievably stupid for having to explain these things like that, but the other actually seems to need an explanation.

"do you know what legs are?"

"yes."

"thighs are just the upper part of your legs, okay?"