5:11

"It's time to get serious about the regionals video, we're kind of in a time crunch and it has to be spectacular"

Ophelia nods at Daniel's words, she was wondering when they'd start working on it so some of her nerves were removed.

"For sure, so Daniel and I put our heads together and we have some ideas" West started

"Yep, so after discussing with our new dance captain, Noah, there is gonna be a small group section and the dancers we've selected are Ozzy, Kingston, Josh and Amy" Daniel says, and everyone claps for the dancers.

"Yes and there will also be a female hip hop solo-" West starts

"Because apparently contemporary isn't great enough-" Daniel interrupts, and this cycle continues for the rest of the conversation.

"Well no hip hop is just more exciting-"

"Is it though-"

"It really is-"

"But since we have so many amazing female hip hop dancers-"

"-who are great at contemporary also"

"It was hard to choose just one, so with that being said. I choreographed a little dance for the audition, and who we'd like to audition will be Jacquie, Richelle and Ophelia"

Applause comes once again, and Ophelia was surprised at that. She would never consider myself a hip hopper.

"Congrats, Jacquie" Ophelia says, once the group spilts up.

"You too, but you know. Whoever gets the solo is going to have to say goodbye to their life"

"Yeah, but it will be worth it"

"We should get back to stretching" Jacquie says

*****

Ophelia was getting ready for the hip hop solo auditions, but before the idea of it being hip hop, somewhat escaped her mind. She didn't think that chances were very high.

Knowing what Jacquie was like, Ophelia didn't ask for her to help.

"Ophelia why are you marking it. Go full out" Richelle says.

Ophelia was confused at why Richelle was giving her pointers, but brushed it off and went more full out. Not really wanting to, because she wanted to savour her energy.

"What was that, Jacquie"

Jacquie and Ophelia look at each other in confusion. She clearly has the same thoughts as Ophelia does.

A nervous knot builds up in Ophelia's stomach, but she still goes over the dance again and again. Trying her best to make some sense of the dance and not be a hot mess when they enviably perform for Daniel and West.

"You guys ready" they were here.

"Yeah" the dancers all chorus.

"No"

"Right take it away"

The music begins, and Ophelia moves along with it. Attempting to hit every accent, every beat, all of it. She didn't think that she had a chance, however she wasn't a hot mess.

Ophelia knew that she didn't want to be thought of as a pushover, so she tried her hardest to show that she could do stuff other than acro and ballet.

Hitting my end position, Ophelia could feel the sweat dripping off her forehead. She lets out a breath as Daniel and West clap for them all.

"That was incredible" Daniel says

"That was amazing" West gushes "You guys really gave us a lot to think about"

"Yeah we have a hard decision to make so we will go chat and we will let you know soon" Daniel explains.

The wait was gruelling, because it just took so long. Ophelia was tempted to just continue to do the dance, since she found herself enjoying the choreography.

Finally, after what felt like, hours, but was probably only 30 minutes. Daniel and West finally came out.

"Well you all danced wonderfully, but there was one dancer that only just edged above the others and that dancer is... Jacquie" Daniel says

Ophelia instantly gives Jacquie a side hug in congratulations, and Daniel and West clap for her as well.

"Ophelia, we'd like you to be an understudy for Jacquie" Daniel adds, as he walks over to the younger girl.

To her surprise West follows and hugs Ophelia. "For someone your age, you are incredible. Never forget that alright, I do see a few solos in your future"

"Thank you so much" Ophelia smiles greatfully. She was so proud to be given something, and to have a great of a dancer as West compliment her.