5:14

Qualifier day approached very fast, Ophelia could barely keep herself composed. The excitement and nerves had kept her tossing and turning in bed the night before, only for her to wake up the following morning with the worst stomach ache imaginable.

The stomach pain persisted all the way up until the time she arrived in the studio. To take her mind off things, Ophelia decided to do some practice in studio 1, in case something happened to Richelle, as she was the understudy for the pointe solo.

"OPHELIA"

A purple pointe shoe hit the girl in the face, before subsequently landing on the floor. Ophelia looks in the direction it came from and saw Richelle marching into the studio.

"You did this to me"

Ophelia squats down to pick up the shoe, turning it over to see the shank that had a dent in it. As her fingers traced over the curve, her eyes widened.

"Look at this, how am I supposed to do my solo on this? This is all because of you, you're just so jealous aren't you that I took your best friends solo, and you have always been just the understudy. So this is what you do back"

The pain in her stomach worsed. Along with a new found ache in her head from the noise, hindered any response out of Ophelia other than a meer "Why... would I do something like this?"

"I can't wait to tell Emily about this"

"Seriously..."

"You're through here"

A few moments passed and Ophelia was left to dwell on her emotions, the feeling of sadness and utter shock spread through her body. She was done at The Next Step. And there was nothing that she could do about it.

Ophelia decided that it would be best to leave, picking up her bag, she took out her bottle to have a drink, in hopes that it might ease her pounding headache.

Just as her bottle was tipped backwards, Ophelia realised that, through all of the stress of the video, she'd completely forgotten to fill it. Although this was only a mild hindrance, it seemed to get to her.

"Bloody brilliant" she said, to seemingly nobody, and zipped her bag, before storming out of the door.

The emotions bubbled up inside her chest, maybe it was the stress of the video, maybe because she was being accused of something she didn't even do. No matter what it was, it was getting to her.

Plus, Ophelia was actually on her period.

*****

Neutral Grounds was quite quiet, Ophelia was sat at a table, her mind wandering over the perplexing situation at hand.

There was no way she'd tell Jacquie, Ophelia knew that Jacquie already had so much stress because of what was going on with Noah and that she didn't need another burden on her.

The only thing Ophelia could do was wait in silence for some kind of outcome, however it ended up taking much longer than she had expected.

Her bottle of water, that she'd filled up on the way, was sat on the table. Ophelia's attention only drawn from her trance when she heard the noise of it falling over. Tilting her head up, Ophelia saw a figure stood above her.