Chapter- 3

Elena and Rose park Rose's car in the underground parking lot below Slater's apartment

Elena and Rose park Rose's car in the underground parking lot below Slater's apartment. They ascend the stairs towards the apartment. Rose bangs her fist on the door while Elena stands nearby.

"Slater? Slater It's Rose, open up!" When, she gets no answer after a moment, she turns towards Elena "He's not home. Sorry"

"Mm-mmm" Elena hums shaking her head "We didn't come all the way out here for nothing."

Rose sighs at her stubbornness and pushes the door open with her vampire strength. She looks inside the apartment and Rose gestures towards the room.

"After you" Elena walks in the apartment with Rose following suit. Rose walks further in the apartment, looking for Slater. "Slater? I don't thinks he's going to be much help." Rose says with a shacked expression.

Elena rushes over to where Rose is standing and gasps as she sees Slater's dead body. After a moment, Rose drags Slater's body out of sight, as Elena moves towards the main area. Elena moves towards Slater's desk and picks the stack of papers laid near the keyboard.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop, found him and killed him, for his information." Elena tells her, as she shuffles through the papers.

"Yeah probably to stop him from helping people like us." Rose guessed. "The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing to much information, just bit him in the ass." She moves towards the windows and opens the curtains, to let the light in.

Elena looks startled by this. "What are you doing....?" she asks trailing off.

"Tempered glass. U.V rays can't penetrate in." She looks out the window. "I used to come here to watch the day." She reminisces.

Elena looks at a framed photo of Slater and a girl. She looks up at Rose. "I'm sorry about Slater. He was your friend."

Rose pauses and sighs "Any luck?" Elena keeps the photo back on the desk and attempts to log into one of the computers.

"Um... It's password protected I can't get in."

"No, this is fine. Let's just go." Suddenly, they hear a doorknob rattling from inside the apartment. "Stay here" Rose warns, walking past Elena and opening a set of doors. She peers into the small hallway and sees a girl hiding behind a corner. "Alice?" Rose asks.

"Rose!" The girl Alice, crying heavily, rushes toward Rose and embraces her. "He's dead!"

~~~~****~~~~

Rose rubs Alice's hand comfortingly as Alice tries to regain her composure. Rose gets up and walks into the other room where Elena is pouring hot water into tea cups.

"She found him a few minutes before we did." Rose tells Elena.

"How is she?" Elena asks sighing, sadly.