Chapter-8

Vani stalks towards Damon, grinning sadistically

Vani stalks towards Damon, grinning sadistically. The latter who was currently frozen in fear of what the Original would do to him, tried to run towards the door but it wouldn't budge.

Vani chuckles darkly, "There's no point in trying. It won't open."

Damon desperately tries to mask his fear. " Okay... Good witchy, let me go or it won't be pretty for you."

"I beg to differ." Vani grins. "You'll be the one begging for mercy when I'm done with you."

Damon lunges forward to attack her but is captured mid-air by Vani's tail. He notices that Vani no longer has human legs but instead sports a red snake tail and has scales all over her body. Her eyes were the deadliest part about her, they were blazing red with slits like a snake.

Vani tightens her hold over him and Damon starts chocking as his insides are getting crushed. "Please let me go." He pleads.

"Who's the one begging now" Vani taunts and laughs mockingly. "Did you really think a stupid dagger could stop me?!?"

Vani brings Damon closer to her and runs her finger along the side of his face, effectively drawing blood. "Listen here you Asshole. Elijah already warned you earlier but you disobeyed him."

"I could kill you now but unfortunately it will be breaking my husband's word. Since I don't want to do that." Vani hisses and shows her forked tongue. "The next time you try something like this you'll be on the receiving end of my venom flowing through my body."

Vani smirks, "It won't be pleasant and you'll die agonisingly." She then tosses Damon into the wall after getting a nod in response. The latter falls unconscious.

Vani turns human again and leaves the boarding house.

~~~~****~~~~

{Gilbert Lake House}

[Elijah walks up to the house. He kneels down and grabs some rocks. Elena starts to walk towards the front door, but Stefan grabs her by the arm. Elijah has gotten up outside and tosses the rocks from hand to hand. ]

Stefan hears him. "He's here."

[Elijah throws the rocks at the door, breaking it off its hinges. Elena looks at Stefan.]

"You have to go." Elena pleads. "I need to talk to him alone."

Stefan disagrees, "Elena..."

"Stefan, I'm okay. He can't come in the house." She reassured him.

Elijah walks closer towards the house. "You know, I might not be able to enter this house...But I'm a very patient man. I'll wait you out."

[Elena slowly walks out from behind the wall. Stefan stays hidden there.]

Elena walks towards the front door but stays inside the house. "They shouldn't have done what they did."

"The deal is off." Elijah states firmly, anger lacing his voice.

"I'm renegotiating."

"You have nothing left to negotiate with." Elijah looks at her amused when she pulls out a knife.

Elena smirks, "I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelgänger bleeds to death."

"Stefan won't let you die." Elijah says knowing about the affection the young vampire held for the doppelgänger.

Elena shakes her head, "No, he won't. He'll feed me his blood to heal me, and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire, just like Katherine did. So unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before...promise me...You won't harm anyone that I love. Even if they've harmed you."

"I'm sorry, Elena." Elijah smiles, thoroughly amused. "I'm going to have to call your bluff."

[Elena breathes out and points the knife to her stomach. Elijah watches her, unsure of what she will do. Elena looks up at him and stabs herself in the stomach. She screams in pain and falls to the floor. There is blood gushing everywhere. Elijah rushes towards the door, but stops at the threshold because he has not been invited in. Elena drops the knife on the floor and clutches her stomach.]

"No! Yes. Yes, you can have your deal. Let me heal you." Elijah rushes out, extremely panicked at losing the one chance his brother has of breaking his curse.

"Give me your word!" Elena demands and groans in pain.

Elijah sighs, "I give you my word."

Elena limps outside and into Elijah's arms. Suddenly, she stabs Elijah with the silver dagger but to their shock instead of becoming grey and desiccated. He just lets out an amused chuckle. Stefan, Elena and Damon all watch with their mouths hung open as Elijah now turns into Vani.

"Did you really think it was so easy to fool not one but two originals." Vani says and Elijah comes out of the shadows.

Elijah stares at them amused, "A rather intelligent plan but you should consider a minor detail about who you're plotting against.

Suddenly, Elena falls to the ground, weak from the blood loss. Stefan rushes out of the house, bites his wrist, and feeds Elena his blood. He places his chin on the top of her head. Damon walks out and stands in the doorway.

"The next time you think of something like this, do remember what I told you" Vani turns around and starts to walk away with Elijah by her side.

"It wasn't a threat it was a promise." Elijah continues as the originals disappear into the shadows, leaving behind the shocked brothers and unconscious doppelgänger.

~~~~****~~~~