Chapter- 5

At the Gilbert lake house, Elena is flipping through the pages of Jonathan Gilbert's journal with a shocked expression

At the Gilbert lake house, Elena is flipping through the pages of Jonathan Gilbert's journal with a shocked expression. She looks through the window at Stefan, who is standing on the docks. Stefan is looking at the lake when, his phone rings and he answers it. Damon is on the other end.

"What's going on?" 

 "Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." Damon replies, sarcastically. 

"That makes one of us" Stefan glances up at the house to see, Elena still reading the journals.

"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night."

Stefan furrows his eyebrows, "How do you know?" He thought the only people who knew were himself and Elena. 

"Well, I heard it from sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." He trails off, waiting for his brother to continue.

"...killing Elijah. And what about his wife?" Stefan finishes.

"Exactly"

"Well it's not going to be easy he's crafty."

Damon picks up the dagger, "Well I've got a crafty little dagger. And if the legends are correct then, I know what his wife is." He retorts. But Stefan didn't believe the dagger would work, He's an original. A stake to the heart didn't kill him, how would a little dagger.

"What Damon?" 

"According to the legends, His wife is a" He takes a deep breath, "Serpent".

~~~~****~~~~

Somewhere, In Mystic Falls. Elijah, Vani and Jenna are walking. 

The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence

 "Ah, the Fells... one of the Founding Families " Vani muses.

Jenna looks at her confused, "Why do you say it like that?"  

"Our research showed us that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier." Elijah answers instead of Vani. "It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." 

Jenna looks at the couple with curiosity shining in her eyes, "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" 

"Which means the ever lauded founding families..." Vani says and smirks. "They didn't actually found anything."  

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860." Jenna says. 

"Men are very territorial" Vani looks at Elijah with a seductive look and winks at him. Elijah has to refrain himself from groaning.  

Jenna nods her head in agreement, "Yes, they are"  Alaric Joins them. 

"Elijah, Vani, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman"  

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah and Vani here through the old property lines." Alaric says the couple's names a little bitterly. "I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?"  

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah says. 

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got the list in the car. just give me a sec." Jenna goes to her car leaving the three alone. 

"Alaric Saltzman." Elijah says.

"So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Vani says, looking at the hunter with a stotic face.

Alaric looks at Elijah with jealousy, "So is Jenna."

Vani looks at him in amusement, "Oh honey, Your jealousy is showing" She says with fake sympathy.

Elijah's lips quirk up at his wife's words, "Vani will probably torture her to death." He says knowing how protective his wife is. "It's a joke, Ric, lighten up."

 Alaric looks at them unamused and mumbles, "Right"

"Nice to meet you" Vani says with a fake smile. Elijah and Vani leave.

~~~~****~~~~