Chapter-7

"It's a funny thing about books

"It's a funny thing about books. Before they existed, people actually had memories." Vani says running her finger along the spine of one of the many books.

"Gentlemen, we forgot about dessert." Alaric says as he and Andie burst through the study doors. Damon gets startled and puts down the dagger quickly.

Andie turns towards the Mikaelson couple and motions towards the doors. "Elijah, Vani."

"Miss Star" Elijah hands his and Vani's glass to Damon and leaves the room with his hand wrapped around Vani's waist.

"As soon as they leave, Damon smacks Alaric angrily. Alaric points down at the dagger. Damon doesn't understand what he means. Alaric walks over to a desk and writes something down on a piece of paper. He hands it to Damon who reads it. The paper says 'The dagger will kill you if you use it.' Damon angrily throws the paper at Alaric and they walk out of the room.]

[Back in the dining room, Jenna pours coffee into a cup for John. Elijah, Vani and Andie enter the room.]

Jenna looks at them them apologetically. "Sorry, guys, dessert is taking longer than I thought. I usually just unwrap food." She awkwardly laughs at the end and leaves to the kitchen.

Andie strikes up a conversation noticing the awkward atmosphere. "So...I know this is a social thing, but I...I would really love to ask you both some more questions about the work that you're doing here."

"We'd love to answer." Vani smiles and tells her.

"Great, that's so great."

[Damon and Alaric enter the room. Damon sits down and glares across the table at John.]

Andie sees them and motions towards her bag. "Ric, would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?"

Alaric nods and passes her the notebook.

Damon smirks. "Elijah, did John tell you he's Elena's uncle-slash-father?"

Elijah nods. "Yes, I'm well aware of that."

"Although it's not something to be proud of I'll give him a point for being honest." Vani smirks. "He's atleast better than you." She taunts Damon.

Damon turns sour and grumbles. "Of course," He continues. "she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list."

John turns serious. "What I'd like to know, Elijah and Vani, is how do you intend on killing Klaus?"

Vani smirks as she knows they are slowly falling into the trap for them. "Gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now. We allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena. We allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy." She turns sinister and stares at the butter knife on the table. "If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again. That's a promise."

"She's never broken her promise. So I would suggest you take her seriously." Elijah says and takes pleasure after seeing fear on their faces.

Andie comes back with her notebook and sits down. "Okay. My first question is when you got here to Mystic..." She gets cut off.

Alaric comes up behind Elijah and Damon comes up behind Vani. Together they stab the dagger through their hearts through the back of their chairs. Elijah screams and dies.

Everyone at the table gets up in shock.  Alaric pulls the dagger out and places it on the table. He looks at Damon. They both notice that Vani was not decaying, she was only unconscious.

"Now, get rid of them before Jenna comes back with dessert." Alaric orders Damon.

Damon agrees. "All right."

[Elena is sitting on the couch, still reading Jon's journals. Stefan walks down the stairs and into the room.]

Stefan looks happy. "Elijah and his wife are dead. Alaric and Damon did it." He sits on the couch with Elena.

Elena starts reading the journal out loud. "Originals believed in truth and honor. It was forbidden for a vampire to kill another vampire. So, the dagger would take both lives. And as long as the dagger stays in place, the Original, for all intents and purposes, is dead."

Stefan stares at Elena in shock and rushes to his phone and calls Damon.

{Salvatore Boarding House}

Damon rushes to the cellar after getting Stefan's call and sees that Elijah as well as Vani were gone. He rushes upstairs to tell the others but is stopped at the stairs and stares in shock.

Vani stares at him and smirks sinisterly. She stand in all her glory in her true form. "You can't escape from me!!"

{Martin Residence}

Elijah opens the door. He has blood on his shirt.

Jonas, a Martin witch notices his condition. "What happened?"

"I need you to find Elena. Now." Elijah orders him.

~~~~****~~~~